Click here for an easier to follow version of what is below...Day 11 Full Chambley Plans
Chambley Children’s Distance Learning for Day 11
April 2, 2020
Dear Chambley Children,
Good morning! It is less then one month to go until my birthday on May 1st but guess what…Tomorrow is Cole’s birthday!! Sunshine Committee: Can you discuss- maybe over email- and collaborate on a class card for Cole. Chambley Children, it would be a nice gesture for you to make your own card for Cole and email it to him.
Did you all enjoy learning about spaghetti growing on trees? HAHA! Happy April Fool’s Day!
Before we get started, here are a few things to keep in mind...
-Phase 2 of Distance Learning begins April 6th. Today is the last day of Review Only Distance Learning. Monday is when we start with new learnings. Make sure you feel confident in Teams, Clever, SeeSaw, opening your email, and accessing my district website this week so you are ready. This part of distance learning is mandatory, meaning “yes, you have to.”
Please use this week to complete your assignments from the past two weeks so you will be all up to date when new learning begins.
- Make sure both reading packets are completed
- Make sure you completed all Reading, Writing, and Social Studies lessons on Brain Pop (including the quizzes)
- Make sure your Social Studies Chapter 6: TCI work from the first 2 weeks is completed
- Make sure your handwriting is up to date
- Make sure you have completed 20 minutes of typing agent
-At the top of my district learning page I have linked to all other teachers you might have as part of your school day. Visit their pages for more information.
-I miss you.
Here we go…
Starting the Day: It is Time for Homeroom!
Please complete the following “Homeroom Activities.”
- Wake up Sleepyhead!
- Make your bed. Pick up your dirty clothes from yesterday. Make sure you are ready for a new week!
- Brush your teeth, clean your face, fix your hair, eat your breakfast, clear your breakfast dishes, and put some clean clothes on!
- Give your family hugs, especially your parents.
- Prepare your workspace for a new day.
- Sharpen your pencils.
- Complete page eleven in your handwriting packet.
- Trace each letter and word. Make sure you are filling in each line on the page. I will be asking to see pictures of your completion so please don’t get behind on this assignment.
- Finish Ups:
- Please note: Please make sure you finished your 2nd reading packet. It says “Paraphrase” on the front of it
1st Period: Math:
Link to Mr. Mole's Math Page for those students in his class: www.cbsd.org/molenariville
Link to Mrs. Angelo's Page for her Math Lessons: Mrs. Angelo's site
Link to Mrs. Lichorobiec's Page for her Math lessons: Mrs. L's site
Link to Mrs. Regec's Page for her Math lessons: Mrs. Regec's site
Day 11 Chambley Math:
Overview: Review and Real-World Word Problems
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation: Today you will review the topics that were address over the past few days and create 6 word problems to go along with these topics.
Things to know:
- You may go back and reference any of the lesson plans from previous days.
- Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
- If you do not have the supplied worksheets for this day, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
- Review Worksheet:
- Complete the Day 11 Review Worksheet
- Word Problem Worksheet:
- Complete the Real-World Word Problem worksheet
- Bonus: Play 10-20 minutes of Moby Max. mobymax.com I have selected several skills that would be good for our class to polish up on in the Math tab.
- Check out Prodigy. It is so much fun and good math practice. Info is in Teams.
How is this assignment turned into the teacher? Submit worksheets over assignment tab. As always, you can email them or send over remind or SeeSaw if you have any trouble. If you play Moby, Mrs. C will be able to tell so no need to hand anything in.
SNACK TIME: It is nice to have a long snack session! You can take your time before “lining up” for special. Have something healthy and do something fun. Try eating outside!
2nd Period: Special: Art
For Art activities, please visit Mrs. Schubert's website located here.
Time for creativity!
3rd Period: Writing:
Link to Mrs. Lichorobiec's Page for her lessons: Mrs. L's site
Day 11 Chambley Writing
- Make sure you sent me your cover from yesterday.
- Today is Day 2 of our creative assignment! You will be typing a friendly letter for the residents of SpringHouse Estates. This is an assisted living facility and a nursing home. Both my mom and dad live there. None of the residents are allowed out or allowed to have visitors during this quarantine. I’m sure you can imagine that they are very lonely. You will write your friendly letter to “Dear Friend,” and just fill it with fun and hopeful messages. Please put in some of your jokes. They always make me laugh. Pictures are a must! Cut and Paste the pictures into the Word Document.
- Yesterday you wrote a rough draft, today you will revise, edit, and email to me and I will get the cards to the residents. You will be doing a wonderfully good dead for many people. Please see the friendly letter resource paper in Teams.
*For an inside address, please use:
638 Bellflower Blvd
Warrington, PA 18976
This is school’s address, I don’t expect you to use your address.
*How is this assignment turned into the teacher?
Submit your cover over Teams or Office 365. Save your friendly letter draft to work on tomorrow.
Thank you all for such lovely letters for the residents. The ones I saw yesterday were wonderful!!
4th Period: Lunch/Recess:
Go Outside and Play or Have a Brain Break Inside
- Here are live yoga classes:
https://nourishingstorm.teachable.com/ and use the code “FORTHELOVE”
- Cosmic Yoga ~ Yoga and Stories...yes please!!
5th Period: Reading and Social Studies
Link to Mrs. Lichorobiec's Page for her lessons: Mrs. L's site
Day 11: Chambley Reading and Social Studies (combined today)
Overview: read the TFK: Wild Crossings located in your “Just in Case” Distance Learning folder
Estimated Time: about 45-60 minutes
Explanation: follow the same steps we would follow in class
Quick Things to Know: no need to annotate the text unless you would like to
- Read the magazine.
- Start with the article: “Safe Travels”
- Complete the worksheet that goes with the main article: it is called: “Roadway Risk”
- Finish reading the magazine
- Complete the Magazine Quiz. Follow the directions on the worksheet.
- Click on the Independent Reading Assignment Listed for today in Teams. There is a copy of our Reading Log on there that you can type right on. If that proves difficult, then print it out and use it at home this week to record your reading.
- Complete Your Independent Reading
- YAY! It is finally time for IR. Please read for at least 20 minutes today. If it is nice outside, try reading outside. You know the importance of IR in our Chambley world. Make this time super serious and super silent.
- Optional: Post on Teams about what you are reading for IR
- Don’t forget about the possibility of using EPIC for eBooks and audiobooks.
- I also sent your parents a link over Remind to free audio books through Audible
- Use the worksheet and magazine in your folder
Method for Turning in:
Keep your reading materials in your folder. Log your IR minutes on your log in the assignments tab in our Readings Team’s page.
6th Period: Social Studies:
I hope you enjoyed reading about Spaghetti Harvest yesterday! 😊
See the 1st reading task above for Social Studies classwork today. Reading and SS are combined. You will be working in your Time For Kids Magazine and completing the worksheets in your “Just in Case” Folder.
Last Period: It is Time for Dismissal!
Day 11: YOU DID IT! You finished 3 weeks of unexpected distance learning!
Love you, all my Chambleys. Have a great night & enjoy Fun Friday tomorrow! Starting on Monday is our new Distance Learning Schedule. Make sure you are awake and ready to go Monday morning. I will be emailing with our new schedule in the next few days.