This week’s Distance Learning activities are limited to math and special. Please use the remainder of the time to catch up on activities posted during the previous two weeks (reading bingo, animal research paragraph, Scholastic Resources, daily fluency practice etc.). Elementary teachers will be conducting conferences and planning new learning for next week’s launch of Phase 2 of the CB Distance Learning Plan.
Gayman Distance Learning page: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/47791
Today is Thursday, April 2. Our special for today is Art. Please check Gayman’s Distance Learning Page for specific activities.
Grade 2, Day 11 Math
Overview: Time and Money
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Things to know:
- Sit with mom, dad, grandparent or guardian, or your brother or sister to practice the activities for the day.
- If you do not have the supplied worksheets or access to any of the worksheets, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
- More specific directions are provided on each sheet/activity that goes along with these lessons. I will send these sheets through email or SeeSaw.
Explanation: You will practice telling time to the hour and half hour. You will identify coins.
- Watch this video: https://watchkin.com/1c77dfab1d
- Fill in the blanks with the correct time to the hour.
- Telling time to the half-hour. Match the clock to the correct time.
- Telling time to the half-hour. Write the correct time shown on an analog clock.
- Telling time to the hour and half-hour using digital clocks.
- You will identify coins.
Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.
- Telling time to the hour and half-hour. Write the digital time shown on the analog clock.
- Count the coins to tell the amount. Count the coins and write the amount using dollar and cents notation.
How is this assignment turned in to the teacher: Please submit your finished work on Seesaw.