Distance Learning with Mr. Hudak
What are the daily expectations for Distance Learning?
- Attendance- Students must submit their attendance each day. To accomplish this, students should open the Microsoft Teams app and go to "Homeroom" Team. Next, they should click on the page titled "1) Daily Attendance" located along the left side of the screen. From there, all students need to do is read the directions for submitting attendance. Please keep in mind, this must be done at the start of each distance learning school day.
- Assignments- The majority of distance learning assignments, videos, and curriculum materials for our class will be accessed using the Microsoft Teams This will ensure that most items related to distance learning can be found in one common space. Students can find all directions for distance learning assignments by reviewing the corresponding team. For instance, students should check the Math Team to find directions and materials for their distance learning assignments in math. Students are expected to complete and submit assignments by given due dates.
- Virtual Meeting Guidelines- Students are expected to review and abide by the district guidelines for online meetings. Please click here to view these guidelines.
How can students get additional support and feedback if needed?
- Office Hours– Mr. Hudak will be available by email, Microsoft Teams messaging, or Microsoft Teams virtual meetings at his scheduled office hour times. These times are 8:45 – 9:15 AM & 11:00 – 11:30 AM, Monday through Thursday.
Will students have Distance Learning on Fridays?
- Yes, students will have Distance Learning on Fridays. However, they will not have any of their core subjects due to the fact that teachers are offline. On Friday, students should complete the assignments / tasks listed below.
- SSR Reading – independent reading for at least 30 minutes.
- Social Emotional Wellness (SEW) – these activities will be provided by our counselor, Ms. Meier.
- Special – our Friday special is Art. Students should visit Mrs. HD’s teacher page to complete their assignment each Friday.
Please use the corresponding pages located along the left-hand side of this site to access items related to distance learning. This includes schedules, directions for assignments, helpful videos, and other resources.
Should you have any questions related to distance learning, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I wish everyone well and hope that your families are staying healthy during this time.