LESSON DATE: Wednesday, april 1
SEESAW: Directions to access at home
1. iPad - have students scan the class code (in their Grab Bag), and they will be able to view my activities and post!
2. On a laptop/computer: Login through Clever (this is the easiest way)
- Go to myapps.microsoft.com
- Have students click on the Clever App
- Select and …..they are in!
- Students can create and post in your class
****If you are having trouble viewing the Seesaw activities, please email me and I will provide you with a special code!
**** Make sure you are in the class app, not the family app. This will allow you to see all of the comments I have made about your work!
Overview: Negative Numbers and Absolute Value
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation: Today you will review Negative Numbers and complete some worksheets to practice your knowledge of negative numbers and the number line. You will also complete a worksheet on absolute value.
Things to know:
· To review negative numbers and absolute value, please reference Ed: Your Friend in Learning online, or your workbook, Chapter 2.
· Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
· If you do not have the supplied worksheets for this day, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
· Continue recording the daily temperature on your chart.
· Negative Numbers and Absolute Value: Complete all 3 worksheets. Worksheets can be found on your Math Team (Math Teams>Files>Class Materials>Day 10)
· Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.
· play “MinusMania” at https://www.gregtangmath.com/minusmania
· play “Kakooma” at https://www.gregtangmath.com/kakooma
· play “MathLimbo” at https://www.gregtangmath.com/mathlimbo
· Please post a picture of one of the finished worksheets to 'Math Wednesday, April 1' activity on Seesaw.
Overview: Comprehension questions.
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using your Tuck Everlasting packet you will complete the activities for day 9 on the reading guide.
Quick things to know: When responding to comprehension questions remember to use complete sentences and text evidence to support your response.
1. Respond to comprehension questions packet pages 25-26. Remember to use complete sentences and text support for your responses.
2. When you are finished take a picture of one of the activities above and post to the 'Reading: Wednesday, April 1' Activity in Seesaw
3. If you have extra time, read your independent reading book.
-Use your Tuck Everlasting book and packet that you brought home in your grab bag.
-If you do not have access to your Tuck Everlasting packet, I have included it as an assignment in Teams under reading. You can just use separate sheets of paper to complete the assignments.
Overview: Continue on the good copy of picture book pages.
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using the packet titled, “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” you will follow Day 8 on the schedule.
Things to Know: Your entire “Illustration and Scene Narration Organizer” should be complete. Today, you are continuing on the good copy of your picture book. Please be sure that all words are written first in pencil and then traced in pen or marker. Please draw all pictures in pencil first and then color them in using crayons or colored pencils. All white space should be filled/colored in on all good copy pages. Feel free to let your creativity shine!
- Follow Day 8 (I’m sorry that I made a mistake on the numbered days and will try to be as specific as possible in the directions) on the schedule page of your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment”.
- Day 8 instructs you to complete the good copy of Scene/Pages 2. You can make the good copy on a piece of plain white computer paper that is in your “grab bag”.
- Remember, all words must be written in pencil first and then traced in pen or marker. All pictures must be drawn in pencil first and then colored in with crayon or colored pencil.
- If you are finished early and are looking for additional practice, go onto your MobyMax account and work on Language.
- Use your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” packet that you brought home in your grab bag
- Use a blank sheet of white computer paper from your grab bag.
Method of Communication/How this assignment is turned into the teacher:
- The final picture book assignment will be handed-in in-person when we return to school. We will share our final picture books in small groups.
SUBJECT: Social Studies
Overview: Continue working on one pager for Chapter 15
Estimated Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using the One Pager direction paper that was sent home with students in their grab back OR view on the Social Studies Team>Files>Class Materials>One Pager for Social Studies, you will continue to work on your one pager.
Things to Know: Today is your second day out of three days (totaling 60 minutes) to complete the one pager. A one-pager project will let you share your thoughts and important information about a topic and include artistic elements. Your final project should resemble a magazine cover, with large clear images, block lettering and a balanced layout. The more creative you allow yourself to be, the more you will inspire others to learn about this topic.
- Review the directions for the ‘One Pager for Social Studies’ assignment that can be found in you grab bag or on Teams.
- Continue working on adding the following elements to your one pager:
- title of chapter and headings
- important vocabulary defined
- a description of the setting (when and where)
- 5 adjective you would use to describe the time period
- at least 3 drawings, symbols, or images, that represent the time period – use color, be creative, be neat, fill the page!
- You do not need to post anything on Seesaw today. Final one pager should be posted on Thursday to Social Studies April 2 activity.
- Refer to your purple History Alive interactive notebook that you brought home in your grab bag.
- If you do not have access to your purple History Alive interactive notebook, I have included it as an assignment on TCI. You can complete digitally.
SUBJECT: Physical Education
Visit Mrs. Leuthe's website to view daily plan: https://www.cbsd.org/kleuthe
SUBJECT: Extra, Extra!
Are you finished all of the required assignments above but you need more?
- If the assignments above did not take you as long as expected and you have extra time, or if you are just looking to learn something new, please follow the link below to read Day 1 Scholastic "Learn from Home" articles.
*** Click here to access the Mill Creek Distance Learning page. Here you will find links to the specialists, reading specialists, counselors, and nurse.