Day 10 - April 1, 2020
Overview: Math Packet, Week 3 Problem Solving - - - Order of Operations
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation: Today you will review Order of Operations.
Things to know:
·Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction - - PEMDAS!
· To review Order of Operations, please reference Ed: Your Friend in Learning online, or your workbook pages 63-74 (Chapter 1). · Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
· If you do not have the supplied worksheets for this day, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
MATH Packet - Week 3 Problem Solving
· Order of Operations Worksheet:
- Complete all 3 Order of Operations Worksheets
· Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice. · play “Kakooma” at https://www.gregtangmath.com/kakooma · play “Expresso” at http://www.gregtangmath.com/expresso
How is this assignment turned into the teacher? Submit the worksheet via Seesaw or snap a picture of your own work!
Read independently for at least 20-30 minutes. Add these minutes to your new April Reading Log!
There is no assigned reading activity for today. Please be sure you have read up to Pg. 85 in Night of the Twisters
Overview: Choice Writing
Estimated Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Explanation: Today you will be choosing your third short prompt to respond to.
Things to know:
- You'll need the April writing prompts, which can be found here.
- Choose 1 of the April Writing Prompts and respond to the question asked.
- You can respond in the following ways:
- Write your response in a notebook that you have at home.
- Word document in Office 365
How is this assignment turned into Mrs. Maduzia
At the END of the week, choose at least ONE of your responses to share, either through Seesaw (post a picture of your writing or type it) or share your Word document with me!
SPECIALS - you choose! Make sure to visit your specialist website for more details!