Students will reflect on their entertainment viewing habits, read an article about binge-watching, and respond to a discussion board in Canvas.
Estimated Time: 30 Minutes
Students will think about and respond to the question: What have you been binge-watching during our time at home and what platform have you used to watch it?
Students will access Scholastic Scope online and will read the article "The Truth About Binge-Watching"
Students will take a short, formative quiz based on the reading.
Students will post and respond to a discussion board question as their closure.
3 Quick Things to Know:
- Writers react to the world around them and reflect on their experiences.
- Close reading allows us to understand the perspectives of other people.
- Discussing a topic helps us know ourselves and others better.
- Submit a response either through picture, video, or typed response in Canvas.
- Access and read the article "The Truth About Binge Watching"
- Take a brief quiz about the content of the article on Canvas.
- Participate in a discussion board on Canvas.
GO TO YOUR CLASS'S CANVAS PAGE: Begin with START HERE and LISTEN TO THE SCREENCAST for instructions. THEN, click NEXT work your way through the entire module through the LAST Closure activity.