**If you did not finish your work for the past 2 weeks, please take this week to complete that work. Refer to the various Distance Learning pages for your assignments. Email me if you aren't sure what to do.**
Optional Extension Activities for the Week: If you are finished with your work over the past 2 weeks, choose some things that look fun to you! Share with me what you choose :) Click Here - Optional Activities .docx - or see below:
Check out the main Kutz Distance Learning webpage too- https://www.cbsd.org/domain/3915
- Keep reading your independent reading book!!
- Every day at 10:30, Kwame Alexander is reading parts of his books LIVE on IG! Check him out at https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Pcc1AHsTW/?igshid=1e0q1hrqe0wna
- Listen to Ann Braden read the first chapter of The Benefits of Being an Octopus! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY6bptV4w8o&feature=youtu.be
- Write a letter to someone and mail it. Let me know if you want my address :)
- Start a journal and write in it each day for 20 minutes. Think about how you'll be able to share the crazy Covid-19 story with your grandchildren some day!
- Use author Paula's Chase's ideas to write about your own character traits at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_m5n7P53dE&feature=youtu.be
- Take a poetry lesson from Kathryn Apel - writing a didactic cinquain! https://katswhiskers.wordpress.com/whisker-of-poetry/didactic-cinquain/
- Take someone in your house on a nature walk. Make up a name for something in nature, and write a fictional story about how it came to be.
- Research a famous Philadelphia landmark. Some ideas: Independence Hall, Quaker Meeting House, First Bank, Bartram Gardens, or the Merchant's Exchange. If you want to read about something both neat and gross, check out the practice of leeching by Dr. Benjamin Rush!
- Check out the NASA website for an amazing collection of stories, games, videos, and at home activities for kids. https://www.nasa.gov/stem
- See "If the Doctor Did It!" in a STEM mystery at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kpG3nLECqQ&feature=youtu.be
- Do the activities listed on your specials' teachers’ websites.
- Take a studio tour and learn how illustrators design book covers with Kelly McMorris at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFDCVEjbNfU&feature=youtu.be
- Take a drawing lesson from James Burke - learn how to draw the squirrel from the Bird and Squirrel series! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyOS8t9TQ28&feature=youtu.be