Thursday, April 2, 2020
A note from Dr. Garvin: This week’s Distance Learning activities are limited to math and special. Please use the remainder of the time to catch up on activities posted during the previous two weeks. Elementary teachers will be conducting conferences and planning new learning for next week’s launch of Phase 2 of the CB Distance Learning Plan. Thank you!
Overview: Time and Money
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Things to know:
- The activities were sent through email or can be completed through Seesaw. If you do not have the supplied worksheets or access to any of the worksheets, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
- More specific directions are provided on each sheet/activity that goes along with these lessons.
Explanation: You will practice telling time to the hour and half hour. You will identify coins.
- Task #1: Watch this video: https://watchkin.com/1c77dfab1d
- Task #2: Complete the worksheet by filling in the blanks with the correct time to the hour.
- Task #3: Match the clock to the correct time to practice telling time to the half-hour.
- Task #4: Write the correct time shown on an analog clock using “half past”
- Task #5: Use the digital clocks to tell time to the hour and half-hour in words.
- Task #6: Draw a line from each coin to its name.
OPTIONAL: Only do the following activities if you want more practice.
- Task #7: Write the digital time shown on the analog clock.
- Task #8: Count the coins to tell the amount. Count the coins and write the amount using dollar and cents notation.
*OPTIONAL READ ALOUD
Overview: Listen to and enjoy a fictional story
- Read aloud: Listen to chapters 66-67 of The Wild Robot in Seesaw. These chapters have been assigned in your activities. Feel free to respond to the questions to share your thinking.
*OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES
Overview: Choose an activity to further enrich your learning
Explanation of Activity: Students choose how to spend additional academic time.
Quick Things to Know: There are many activities, games, and websites to choose from on our class website.
Tasks: Play a game, listen to a book read aloud, or read some non-fiction books to reinforce and enrich your learning
Activities you can choose from:
- Finish the reading activities from Monday & Tuesday.
- At 1 p.m., visit https://www.mindfulschools.org/free-online-mindfulness-class-for-kids/ for a free mindfulness lesson if you're interested
- Math Websites available on class site
- Spelling & Writing Websites available on class site
- Reading Websites available on class site
- Lunch Doodles with author & illustrator Mo Willems each Tuesday-Thursday at 1 p.m. (link on Reading Websites page)
- Read a book of your choice
- Free Write in your green story journal: Write about a topic of your choice, a personal narrative (tells a story about something that happened to you), fictional story, persuasive/opinion piece, or poem or acrostic about a topic.
- Take a walk
- Play a board game
- Reach out (phone, email, letter) to a friend or relative or teacher 😊
- Visit GoNoodle for a movement/brain break
Today's Special: ART (or check out the MUSIC activities if you haven't yet since you keep missing Fridays)
Jamison's Distance Learning Site for Specials: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/47795