LESSON DATE: Thursday, MARCH 26
Overview: Apply Ratio Concepts and Use Ratio Reasoning to Solve Problems
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Explanation: Today you will review ratios and solve some problems involving ratios.
Things to know:
- To review ratios, please reference your workbook pages 169-199 (Chapter 4).
- Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
- If you do not have the supplied worksheets for this day, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
- Continue recording the daily temperature on your chart.
- Complete both Ratio Worksheets found on TEAMS. Worksheets for today can be found in the Math Teams file titled day 7. (Click on Math team>Click on Files on the top task bar>click on classroom materials>Open Day 7 (there are 2 worksheets in this document)
- Number Card Multiplication:
- Shuffle your set of number cards.
- Flip over two cards.
- Multiply the numbers on the cards.
- Work through your number cards 10 times.
- Optional activity, play “Maze: Ratio” on Ed: Your Friend in Learning or play "Model Algebra" at https://www.mathplayground.com/AlgebraEquations.htm
- When you have finished, take a picture of something you completed or answer the discussion question and post it to Seesaw Math Activity March 26.
1. Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
2. Optional activity, play “Model Algebra” at https://www.mathplayground.com/AlgebraEquations.htm
Overview: Vocabulary and independent reading
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using your Tuck Everlasting packet you will complete the vocabulary activities for day 6 on the reading guide.
Quick things to know
Use context clues to determine the meaning of vocabulary words
- Use context clues and resources to complete the vocabulary pages 20-21 in your packet.
- When finished, take a picture of one of the activities you completed and post to Reading March 26 in Seesaw.
- If you finish early, enjoy reading your independent reading book
-Use your Tuck Everlasting book and packet that you brought home in your grab bag.
-If you do not have access to your Tuck Everlasting packet, I have included it as an assignment in Teams under reading. You can just use separate sheets of paper to complete the assignments.
Overview: Work on the rough sketches for picture book pages.
Estimated Time: Approximately 25 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using the packet titled, “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” you will follow the day that is blank under the “Day” column on the schedule.
Things to Know: You should have the rough draft of all of your words written in the “Illustration and Scene Narration Organizer.” Today, you are continuing to map out rough sketches to go along with your words. Be sure you include pictures that compliment and tell the story of your words. You will be required to fill all white space in your final copy, so keep that in mind also as you are planning out your sketches.
- Follow the day that is blank under the “Day” column (I’m sorry that I made a mistake on the numbered days and will try to be as specific as possible in the directions) on the schedule page of your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment”
- The day that is blank under the “Day” column instructs you to complete Pages 5-6 in your “Directions for Picture Book Assignments” packet
- On pages 5-6 in your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” you must make rough sketches for the words that you have planned for scenes 5-8. Each scene represents a different page for your picture book.
- If you are finished early and are looking for additional practice, go onto your MobyMax account and work on Language
- Use your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” packet that you brought home in your grab bag
- If you do not have access to your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” packet, I have included in Class Materials in Writing in Teams and in a previous parent email. You can just use separate sheets of paper to complete the assignments.
Method of Communication/How this assignment is turned into the teacher:
- The final picture book assignment will be handed-in in-person when we return to school. We will share our final picture books in small groups.
SUBJECT: Social Studies
Overview: Explore Hindu beliefs about Karma
Estimated Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using the purple History Alive interactive notebook or digitally on TCI, you will complete section 7: Beliefs about Karma.
Things to Know: The chapter, Learning About World Religion: Hinduism, will take approximately 3 weeks to complete. Students will be reading each section of the chapter and answering comprehension questions in their notebook. To conclude the chapter, students will complete a one-pager to showcase their new learning.
- Read chapter 15 section 7: Beliefs about Karma. All students have access to the text through Office 365 in their TCI app.
- On the blank sheet of paper titled “Chapter 15 Vocabulary” that you created last week add the word Karma. You can reveal the definition on TCI by clicking on the word when reading section 7.
- 3. In the purple History Alive interactive notebook complete section 7 (numbers 1-4) that can be found on page 111 or accessed digitally on TCI in assignments.
- Post a picture of page 111 when finished to Seesaw in activities.
- Refer to your purple History Alive interactive notebook that you brought home in your grab bag.
- If you do not have access to your purple History Alive interactive notebook, I have included it as an assignment on TCI. You can complete digitally.
SUBJECT: Library or Music
SUBJECT: Extra, Extra!
Are you finished all of the required assignments above but you need more?
- If the assignments above did not take you as long as expected and you have extra time, or if you are just looking to learn something new, please follow the link below to read Week 2 Day 4 Scholastic "Learn from Home" articles.
- Look at the Extra! Extra! page on my website for more activities.
*** Click here to access the Mill Creek Distance Learning page. Here you will find links to the specialists, reading specialists, counselors, and nurse.