Math in focus - Day 8:
Thursday, March 26, 2020
All Math in Focus students may follow the plans below.
Check with your math teacher regarding how she would like you to share your work.
**Pre-algebra students should visit Mrs. Bucher's website**
Overview: Apply Ratio Concepts and Use Ratio Reasoning to Solve Problems
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation: Today you will review ratios and solve some problems involving ratios.
Things to know:
- To review ratios, please reference Ed: Your Friend in Learning online, or your workbook pages 169-199 (Ch 4).
- If you do not have the supplied worksheets for this day, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
- Click here for directions to access the website
- Please view this video to help you navigate the website:
Tasks for Today:
**Files needed for today's activities will be found in your Math Team.
Reach out to your math teacher if you cannot access the documents.
- Continue recording the daily temperature on your chart.
- Complete both Ratio Worksheets
- Number Card Multiplication:
- Shuffle your set of number cards.
- Flip over two cards.
- Multiply the numbers on the cards.
- Work through your number cards 8 times.
Have more time for math practice?
- Play “Maze: Ratio” on Ed Your Friend in Learning. See directions above for how to access the website. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the gray box labeled "Mini Games."
Share today's work:
Remember, your work today is not graded, but I'd love to see what you've done. You can share your work with me through Teams, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Seesaw, or share your composition book with me when we return to school.