Lessons for Day 7
Grade 2, Day 7 Math: Calendar Skills and Concepts
Estimated Time for Activities: Approximately 30 minutes
Things to know:
1. If you do not have the supplied worksheets or access to any of the worksheets, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
2. More specific directions are provided on each sheet/activity that goes along with these lessons. I will send these sheets through email.
Overview: You will use a calendar to review the weeks, days, and months of the year. You will work on writing the date.
Explanation: Review various calendar skills and concepts
1. Use a calendar to write the days of the week. Write about your favorite day of the week.
2. Use a calendar to write the months of the year. Write about your favorite month of the year.
Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.
3. Use a calendar to answer various questions about a particular month.
How is this assignment turned in to the teacher: Return in Distance Folder
Online Resource- Seesaw
Complete pages in packet or on Seesaw
Language Arts (Writing)
Estimated Time: 25 minutes
Overview: Practicing sight words and Opinion Writing
*Unit 7- sight words, pick 2 activities of your choice.
Pick your favorite food- hot dog or peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Complete the sentence on Seesaw.
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Overview: Read a story using your reading strategies. You will be implementing your decoding skills and applying your reading strategies, as good readers do.
Assignment: Pick a story to read at home or listen to a story. Use the reading strategy of “monitoring comprehension.” Think about “What is happening in the beginning, middle, and end of the story.
*Write your events on Seesaw or on paper.
Online Resources: Seesaw- Complete Reading organizer
Go to BookFlix and listen to a story or scholastic
Estimated Time- 20 minutes (Homeroom Class)
Overview: Create a map and use the components of a map
Assignment: Maps All Around us!
You are going to create a map of your kitchen!
Remember when you make a map you are drawing it to scale (it can’t actually be the REAL SIZE!)
Include a compass rose, a title, a map key (with symbols) * Make sure you are drawing and coloring in neatly
Online Resources: Use Google Earth and find your house * Use Brain pop for Compass Rose
You can go on Tying Agent to work on your typing as well
Seesaw will have activities for you too
Look for assignments from your Art, Library, Music, QUEST and Physical Education Teachers too 😊