Day 7 Thursday 3/26/20 Tasks (Please don’t exceed 180 minutes of work!)
Class Meeting “Thankful Thursday” (5 Minutes)
Happy Thankful Thursday! Please use this Flipgrid to tell us what you’re thankful for this week. “See” you there!
Gr 3 Day 7 Math (30 Minutes)
Overview: Multiplying Multi-Digit Numbers without Regrouping
Three quick things to know:
- For tutorials on how to access online Math in Focus resources using Ed Your Friend in Learning visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511
- If you cannot print activities, you may write the answers on a sheet of paper.
- Please look at Student Workbook Chapter 5 pages 327-328 if you need guidance.
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 7 Fact Fluency 6g (This is also a Seesaw Activity.).
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 7 Multiplying without Regrouping (This is also a Seesaw Activtiy).
- Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.: Log into Ed. Play the mini-game Chapter 4: Pop! Multiplication Tables.
Reading (45 minutes)
- Read any nonfiction book for 30 minutes.
- As you read, jot down the title, main idea, and 3 supporting details. (You can do this on the “Main Idea” Seesaw Activity or on a sheet of paper!) Have fun reading!
Writing/Spelling (25 minutes)
- You should finish your sensory details about summer writing piece today! Each paragraph should describe a different sense in summer – touch, hear, see, taste, smell. (ex: I hear buzzing bees landing delicately on flowers as the sun kisses their fuzzy bodies!)
- Reread and edit your story.
- Do each of your paragraphs have 3-5 sentences?
- Do you have an awesome opening and clever closing paragraph?
- Finish typing your draft into a Word document and save it as “Sensory Details in Summer”. Please send it to me! I can’t wait to read it!
- If you finish, please free write! You could write about sensory details on Easter, sensory details on your birthday, etc.
- Optional: If the weather is nice, “Chalk the Walk” and send me a pic on Seesaw! Write positive messages for your neighbors to see as they walk to “leave a trail of kindness” wherever they go! (*We already have one Twitter star that “chalked the walk” earlier this week!*)
Social Studies (20 Minutes)
- Since it’s “Thankful Thursday”, head over to the Thankful Activity on Seesaw. Write a note to someone at your house who has done something kind for you. Take a pic and upload it to Seesaw before you give it to them.
- Non-tech version…write a “Thankful Thursday” note and give it to someone special in your home! If your special someone is not in your home, write a note and send it to a family member or friend virtually (email, Facetime, text…)!
Specials (20 minutes) Click on the links for our specials each day! Don’t forget Friday! You can do them in any order you’d like!
Monday – Music with Mr. Weir: https://www.cbsd.org/domain/269
Tuesday – Quest with Mr. Controy: https://www.cbsd.org/acontroy
Wednesday – Library with Mrs. Smith: https://www.cbsd.org/domain/269
Thursday – Gym with Mr. Durie: https://www.cbsd.org/adurie
Friday – Art with Mr. West: https://www.cbsd.org/Domain/3241