Lessons for Day 6
Grade 2, Day 6 Math: Steam Project: Geometric Shapes and Graphing
Estimated Time for Activities: Approximately 30 minutes
Things to know:
1. If you do not have the supplied worksheets or access to any of the worksheets, it is fine to create your own based off the supplied worksheets.
2. More specific directions are provided on each sheet/activity that goes along with these lessons. I will send these sheets through email.
Overview: You will use your knowledge of shapes to make a self-portrait; Graphing
Explanation: Think about the different geometric shapes you have learned during calendar. Using what you know, you will create flat shapes with different lines, curves, and sides to create a self-portrait and other pictures.
1. Sit with mom, dad, grandparent or guardian, or your brother or sister to review flat geometric shapes such as square, rectangle, triangle, circle, etc.
2. With an adult, research about Paul Klee and his self-portraits and other creations to get an idea to create your work.
3. Observe real life geometric shapes around you.
1. Go on a shape hunt around your house. Look for geometric shapes and lines that make up certain creations in your living room, kitchen, backyard, etc.
2. Refer to the STEAM project sent through email to follow the directions when creating your self-portrait and other creations.
Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.
3. Using the graph provided through email. Graph the shapes you used in your self-portrait and creations. Share with a family member to have them find and count the shapes you used.
How is this assignment turned in to the teacher: Return in Distance Learning folder
Online Resource- Math Pages on Seesaw
Language Arts (Writing)
Estimated Time: 25 minutes
Overview: Practicing sight words and applying the writing process for your opinion piece on the BEST COLOR in the WORLD
Assignments: Unit 6- sight words, pick 2 activities of your choice.
Use your graphic organizers-reasons and details to Finish writing a paragraph of “What is the BEST COLOR in the World?” on the lined paper in the packet.
*Write a topic sentence, 3 detailed sentences using your reasons, and a concluding sentence.
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Overview: Read a story using your reading strategies. You will be implementing your decoding skills and applying your reading strategies, as good readers do.
Assignment: Pick a story to read at home or listen to a story. Use the reading strategy of Main Idea. Think about “What is the story mainly about?” “What is your favorite part?”
Write your responses on Seesaw or on paper.
Online Resources: Seesaw- Complete Reading organizer
Go to BookFlix and listen to a story or scholastic
Estimated Time: 20 minutes (Homeroom class)
Think of your community!
What jobs need to be done in your community now, as opposed to the fall?
How do the community helpers and workers’ jobs change?
How does this impact your community?
How do you as a child have jobs at home that change with the season?
Do you prefer jobs in the fall or spring? Why or why not?
You can go on Tying Agent to work on your typing as well
Seesaw will have activities for you too
Look for assignments from your Art, Library, Music, QUEST and Physical Education Teachers too 😊