Day 6 Wednesday 3/25/20 Tasks (Please don’t exceed 180 minutes of work!)
Class Meeting “Wordy Wednesday” (5 Minutes)
Happy Wordy Wednesday! Please use this Flipgrid to tell us your ONE word (tricky I know) to tell about your week so far! “See” you there!
Gr 3 Day 6 Math (30 Minutes)
Three quick things to know:
- For tutorials on how to access online Math in Focus resources using Ed Your Friend in Learning visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511
- If you cannot print activities, you may write the answers on a sheet of paper.
- Please look at Student Workbook Chapter 4 pages 289-290 if you need guidance.
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 6 Division Facts (also on Seesaw Activity).
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 6 Fact Fluency 5c (also on Seesaw Activity).
- Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.: Play a game. Use the document called Gr 3 Race to the Moon Division Game.
- Extra: Only do this activity if you want more practice.: Log into Ed. Play the mini-game Chapter 4: Pop! Multiplication Tables.
Reading (45 minutes)
- Read any fiction book for 30 minutes.
- As you read, jot down the characters, setting, beginning, middle, and end of the story (or you could do the “Reading Center – Story Map” activity on Seesaw)! Have fun reading!
Writing/Spelling (25 minutes)
- You should have started your sensory details about summer writing piece last week. Please continue with paragraph 5 today. Each paragraph should describe a different sense in summer – touch, hear, see, taste, smell. (ex: I hear buzzing bees landing delicately on flowers as the sun kisses their fuzzy bodies!)
- Continue rough draft and then revise and edit your writing.
- Don’t forget an opening and closing paragraph.
- Type your draft into a Word document and save it as “Sensory Details in Summer”.
- If you finish, please free write! You could write about sensory details on Easter, sensory details on your birthday, etc.
- Optional: If the weather is nice, “Chalk the Walk” and send me a pic on Seesaw! Write positive messages for your neighbors to see as they walk to “leave a trail of kindness” wherever they go!
Social Studies (20 Minutes)
- Since it’s “Wordy Wednesday”, I’d like you to think of positive words to describe yourself!
- If available, go to the Seesaw Activity “Positive Words to Describe Me” – complete and upload! Try to use different colors to personalize the figure to represent your physical features too!
- Non-tech version, draw an outline of your body on a piece of paper. Write positive words around your body and color the figure to represent your physical features!
Specials (20 Minutes)
Art: Click on the website for today’s Distance Learning art class with Mrs. Theis (since Mrs. Jones is out for the school year and we have “Fun Friday” and will “miss” art class this week): https://www.cbsd.org/atheis