Day 5 Tuesday 3/24/20 Tasks (Please don’t exceed 180 minutes of work!)
Class Meeting “Positive Thought Tuesday” (5 Minutes)
Happy Positive Thought Tuesday! Please use this Flipgrid to tell us your general positive thought or a positive thought about someone in our class! “See” you there!
Gr 3 Day 5 Math (30 Minutes)
- For tutorials on how to access online Math in Focus resources using Ed Your Friend in Learning visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511
- If you cannot print activities, you may write the answers on a sheet of paper.
- Please look at Student Workbook Chapter 4 if you need guidance.
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 5 Multiplication Facts (also available on Seesaw).
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 5 Multiplication Crossword Puzzle (also available on Seesaw).
- Optional: Only do this activity if you want more practice. Practice your fast facts. You can have a partner ask you math facts or practice by using Pet Bingo (free iPad app).
- Optional: Only do this activity if you want more practice. Play the game “Top-it”:
- Use a deck of playing cards or make your own cards with digits 1-12.
- Each player turns over 2 cards and multiplies the numbers.
- Each player says their product (answer) out loud.
- The player with the largest product (answer) gets the cards (or gets a point).
Reading (45 minutes)
- Read any fiction book for 30 minutes.
- As you read, “stop and jot” some notes down on a piece of paper. Use: I predict, I wonder, I infer, This part reminds me of, In my opinion, I have a question…
Writing/Spelling (25 minutes)
- You should have started your sensory details about summer writing piece last week. Please continue with paragraph 4 today. Each paragraph should describe a different sense in summer – touch, hear, see, taste, smell. (ex: I hear buzzing bees landing delicately on flowers as the sun kisses their fuzzy bodies!)
- Continue rough draft and then revise and edit your writing.
- Don’t forget an opening and closing paragraph.
- Type your draft into a Word document and save it as “Sensory Details in Summer”.
- If you finish, please free write!
- Optional: “Chalk the Walk” and send me a pic on Seesaw! Write positive messages for your neighbors to see as they walk to “leave a trail of kindness” wherever they go!
Science (20 Minutes)
- If available, watch “Pushes and Pulls” Brain Pop Jr video: https://jr.brainpop.com/science/forces/pushesandpulls/
Username: kutz, Password: kutz1
- Take brainpopjr quiz after watching.
- Optional: Click on “Activity” (the scissors symbol under the video). Cut out the objects (or draw your own objects that require a push or a pull) and place them into categories “push” or “pull”. You can click here for the activity: https://jr.brainpop.com/science/forces/pushesandpulls/activity/
Specials (20 Minutes)
Quest: Click on Mr. Controy’s website for today’s Distance Learning Quest class: https://www.cbsd.org/acontroy