LESSON DATE: Tuesday, MARCH 24
Overview: Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Decimals
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation: Today you will review prime and composite numbers, as well as complete activities using your knowledge of factors and multiples.
Things to know:
When adding and subtracting decimals, remember to line up the decimals, which will line up your place values. Please reference Ed: Your Friend in Learning online, or your workbook pages 121-126.
1. To review multiplying decimals, please reference Ed: Your Friend in Learning online, or your workbook pages 127-134.
2. To review dividing decimals, please reference Ed: Your Friend in Learning online, or your workbook pages 135-142. · Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
3. There are no pre-made worksheets for today.
· Continue recording the daily temperature on your chart.
· Self-made Questions:
1. Shuffle your set of number cards.
- Flip over 3 cards and place them in front of you in a horizontal line. Flip over 3 more cards and place these under each of the first three. Add a decimal to each number either after the first or second digit.
- On a separate piece of paper, Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide the decimal numbers you created.
- Repeat 2 times. You will have 8 problems on your separate of paper.
2. Language Arts Connection:
- Take some time to write a math story. You may write or type this story. Try to use each of the four mathematical operations (+, -, x, ÷) while dealing with decimals in your story. Some possibly story ideas are listed below, you may also develop your own.
The Decimal Duo are a superhero team that helps students learn about decimals…
A baker is having trouble with proper proportions in their bakery, which causes many interesting products…
A detective must use decimals to solve a difficult case…
3. When you have finished, take a picture of something you completed or answer the discussion question and post it to Seesaw Math Activity March 24.
· Extra:Only do this activity if you want more practice. · play “Place Value” at http://www.gregtangmath.com/placevalue
1. Please visit https://www.cbsd.org/Page/1511 to access tutorial videos related to accessing online Math in Focus resources.
2. Optional activity, play “Place Value” at http://www.gregtangmath.com/placevalue
Overview: Read Tuck Everlasting and respond to comprehension questions.
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using your Tuck Everlasting packet you will respond to comprehension questions.
Quick things to know
When responding to comprehension questions remember to use complete sentences and text evidence to support your response.
- Respond to comprehension questions page 16-18. Remember to use complete sentences and text evidence to support your response. 2.
- When you have finished take a picture of something you completed and post it to Seesaw Reading Activity March 24.
- If you have extra time, enjoy reading your independent reading book
-Use your Tuck Everlasting book and packet that you brought home in your grab bag.
-If you do not have access to your Tuck Everlasting packet, I have included it as an assignment in Teams under reading. You can just use separate sheets of paper to complete the assignments.
Writing: Day 5
Overview: Finish the rough draft of the words of your picture book
Estimated Time: Approximately 25 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using the packet titled, “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” you will follow THE FIRST Day 5 on the schedule.
Things to Know: All of the necessary elements that you filled into the “Story Elements Organizer” on Page 2 yesterday will need to be put into the rough draft of your story on the “Illustration and Scene Narration Organizer.” Hopefully, you created a plot mountain on a separate sheet of paper to map out an entire overview of your plot and help you to pace your story appropriately yesterday. Today, you will be writing the rough draft words for pages/scenes 9-10 (and any extra scenes you want to include) of your picture book starting on Page 7-8 , “Illustration and Scene Narration Organizer,” in your packet.
- Follow THE FIRST Day 5 (I’m sorry that I made a mistake on the numbered days and will try to be as specific as possible in the directions) on the schedule page of your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment”
- THE FIRST Day 5 instructs you to complete Pages 7-8 in your “Directions for Picture Book Assignments” packet
- On pages 7-8 in your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” you must write a rough draft of the words for your picture book for scenes 9-10 and any additional scenes you want to include. Each scene represents a different page for your picture book. Please do not start of the illustrations. You should ONLY be writing the words for scenes 9-10 and any additional scenes today. Be sure as you write, you proofread for spelling, capitalization and punctuation. Vary your word choice and sentence structure to add style.
- If you are finished early and are looking for additional practice, go onto your MobyMax account and work on Language
- Use your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” packet that you brought home in your grab bag
- If you do not have access to your “Directions for Picture Book Assignment” packet, I have included in Class Materials in Writing in Teams and in a previous parent email. You can just use separate sheets of paper to complete the assignments.
SUBJECT: Social Studies
Overview: Explore Hindu beliefs about Deities
Estimated Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: Using the purple History Alive interactive notebook or digitally on TCI, you will complete section 5: Beliefs about Deities.
Things to Know: The chapter, Learning About World Religion: Hinduism, will take approximately 3 weeks to complete. Students will be reading each section of the chapter and answering comprehension questions in their notebook. To conclude the chapter, students will complete a one-pager to showcase their new learning.
- Read chapter 15 section 5: Beliefs about Deities on TCI. All students have access to the text through Office 365 in their TCI app.
- In the purple History Alive interactive notebook complete section 5 (numbers 1-4) that can be found on page 110 or accessed digitally on TCI in assignments.
- Post a picture of page 110 when finished to Seesaw in activities.
- Refer to your purple History Alive interactive notebook that you brought home in your grab bag.
- If you do not have access to your purple History Alive interactive notebook, I have included it as an assignment on TCI. You can complete digitally.
SUBJECT: Physical Education
Visit Mrs. Leuthe's website to view daily plan: https://www.cbsd.org/kleuthe
SUBJECT: Extra, Extra!
Are you finished all of the required assignments above but you need more?
- If the assignments above did not take you as long as expected and you have extra time, or if you are just looking to learn something new, please follow the link below to read Week 2 Day 1 Scholastic "Learn from Home" articles.
*** Click here to access the Mill Creek Distance Learning page. Here you will find links to the specialists, reading specialists, counselors, and nurse.