Thursday, March 26
Before Listening to the story Enemy Pie on the website Storyline Online talk about the word enemy. How is an enemy different than a friend? What ingredients do you think would go in an enemy pie? Make a predicition about what you think the story will be about.
- Written by: Derek Munson
- Illustrated by: Tara Calahan King
- Read by Camryn Manheim
After listening talk about the story elements in Enemy Pie. Use the Story Element Organizer to draw and write about the characters, the setting, the beginning, middle and end of the story.
- Overview: letter/sound fluency
- Estimated Time: 2-3 minutes
- Explanation of Activity: identify letter sounds
- Quick things to know: This activity builds letter sound automaticity. There is a Kindergarten sound dash and a Grade 1 and 2 word chunk fluency