Writing Learning Opportunities for Day 6- Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Today I will review calendars and dates
- Today I can include facts and my own creative ideas in my writing
- Today I will write sentences that begin with capitals and end with a punctuation mark
- 30 minutes
- Focus your writing to write about a topic. Think about the main idea and write sentences about that topic
- Remember- writing different types of sentences makes writing more interesting to read. Statements, questions, exclamations, and commands can be included in writing.
- Remember- punctuation helps readers understand your writing. Without punctuation, your writing runs together. The types of ending marks tells your reader how to read your writing.
Quick things to remember:
- Pick a subject for your paragraph. Think about the main idea.
- Write a topic sentence about the main idea.
- Add 3 or 4 detail sentences to your paragraph to support the main idea.
- Try to include different types of sentences.
- Proofread to make sure you have capital letters at the beginnings of sentences and punctuation at the ends.
- Watch and listen to “Calendars and Dates” on Brainpop Jr
- Green Packet (Spring or March Writing Prompts) page 6- write your paragraph
- SPELLING Book- Week 15--- PAGE 62
- Log into Spelling Activity and do at least one activity (use your log-in information sent in an email on Monday 3-23-20)
*Do not hesitate in contacting me via email if you have any questions.