Writing Learning Opportunities for Day 4- Monday, March 23, 2020
- Today I will review parts of a plant
- Today I can include facts in my writing
- Today I will write sentences that begin with capitals and end with a punctuation mark
- 25 minutes
- Focus your writing to write about a topic. Think about the main idea and write sentences about that topic
- Remember- writing different types of sentences makes writing more interesting to read. Statements, questions, exclamations, and commands can be included in writing.
- Remember- punctuation helps readers understand your writing. Without punctuation, your writing runs together. The types of ending marks tells your reader how to read your writing.
Quick things to remember:
- Pick a subject for your paragraph. Think about the main idea.
- Write a topic sentence about the main idea.
- Add 3 or 4 detail sentences to your paragraph to support the main idea.
- Try to include different types of sentences.
- Proofread to make sure you have capital letters at the beginnings of sentences and punctuation at the ends.
- Watch and listen to “Parts of a Plant” on Brainpop Jr
- Green Packet (Spring or March Writing Prompts) page 4- write your paragraph
- SPELLING Book- Week 15--- PAGE 60
- Log into Spelling Activity and do at least one activity (your log-in information will be sent in an email)
*Do not hesitate in contacting me via email if you have any questions.