ALL GRADES – Indoor Bowling
Overview: 1 ball and up to 10 of any similar item to represent pins are needed to play
Explanation of Activity:
- Select an item to use as the “pins” for the game. This can be water bottles, action figures, empty cups, etc. Anything that can be set up and knocked over.
- Arrange them the way bowling pins are usually set up or create your own formation for your pins.
- Use a medium sized ball for knocking the pins down.
- Set a starting line and take turns attempting to knock all the pins down.
- The easiest way to keep score is to give out one point for each pin knocked down.
Quick things to know:
Be creative! Use chairs as obstacles to bowl around, play from the top to the bottom of the steps. Maybe even make a ramp you need to use to get to the pins! Try playing the game by kicking the ball instead of rolling it!
Reflection: A sixth grade student is about to play a game of hand hockey with a 2nd grade student. Can you think of some game modifications to make the game fair and fun for both players?