Science - Day 5:
monday, March 23, 2020
Weekly Overview: This week, you will finish conducting your research about a cataclysmic event. Then, you will begin to create the project you will use to share what you have learned.
Estimate Time: 20 minutes
Explanation: In our Earth Changing Surface unit students learned about cataclysmic events. Please create a passion project on a cataclysmic event.
*We ask that you stay away from volcanoes since we have covered this topic with our informative writing in class.
Today, you will continue your research and taking notes on your cataclysmic event.
Things to know:
Cataclysmic event – an event that causes a sudden and dramatic change to the earth’s surface.
Use your notetaking skills to keep track of the information relevant to your project. Create a notetaking grid, use note cards, or keep your notes in your composition book.
Utilize the Elementary Library Resources we have accessed for volcano research and 6th grade assessment.
Look for log-in directions in the Science folder of your Homeroom Team
2. Nonfiction Books - look to see if there are e-books available!
4. Website Search Engines
Tasks for Today:
*All activities can be completed in your composition book or electronically (Word, Seesaw, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Research: Continue to read from reliable sources. Remember to use at least 3 different sources for your research.
- Take notes: Continue taking notes about important and relevant information about your topic.
- Remember to:
- Set your purpose for reading
- Write down only the pieces of information that you need
- Paraphrase – rewrite the information using your own words
- Color code your notes if that helps you stay organized
- Remember to:
Share today's work:
Remember, your work today is not graded, but I'd love to see what you've done. You can share your work with me through Teams, email (email@example.com), Seesaw, or share your composition book with me when we return to school.