Distance Learning Day 3- World Languages
Course: Spanish 5
Date: Thursday, March 19th 2020
Please see the lesson details below and email me with any questions!
Continue vocabulary and preterit/imperfect review; Vocabulary 2.1 review
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Explanation (learning goal):
- Review how to express what happened in the past in Spanish; Practice new vocabulary expressions
Materials that are Needed:
Material: Document in Canvas; Vocabulary Flashcards
- Calentamiento March 19– Use the imperfect to answer this question in 4 sentences: ¿Qué hacías de niño/a?
- El Pretérito vs. El Imperfecto:
- Open the “Superhombre” Doc from March 18 in Canvas and correct it using this website below that gives explanations if you got the wrong answer.
- When done, add in the text box that you corrected it: “Lo corregí”. You can also comment if it was easy, hard, etc.
- Escuchemos: Pretérito/ Imperfecto March 19
- Listen to the “Scary Story” with preterite and imperfect and take the quiz at the end
- Comment in the box how well you understood: muy bien, bien, más o menos, etc.
- Escribamos: Pretérito/ Imperfecto March 20 - Due on Friday, but you can start now!
- Write 10 sentences total: 5 sentences using verbs in preterite with explanation why and 5 sentences using verbs in the imperfect with explanation why. For example:
Nosotros escuchábamos música mientras ellos jugaban fútbol. (Imperfect because it explains 2 simultaneous actions, neither is completed.)
Method of Communication:
- Office Hour: by phone 8am-3pm 571-522-0327
- Email: email@example.com