Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
HAPPY ST. PATTY’S DAY FRIENDS!!! I miss you already!
Happy Positive Thought Tuesday! Click this link for our virtual class meeting and add your own video with your positive thought. It can be anything positive about Distance Learning or it can be a positive thought about anyone in our class! “See” you in Flipgrid: https://flipgrid.com/70519c84
Overview: Place Value: Working with Numbers to 10,000
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 to 60 minutes
Explanation:You have learned how to work with large numbers. You can show numbers with drawings of base 10 blocks and with digits. You can also show numbers in standard form, expanded form, and word form.
Things to know:
- For tutorials on how to access online Math in Focus resources using Ed Your Friend in Learning visit this link.
- If you cannot print activities, you may write the answers on a sheet of paper.
- Standard form is 3,521
- Expanded form is 3,000 + 500 + 20 + 1
- Word form is three thousand five hundred twenty-one
- Please look at Student Workbook Chapter 1: pages 17-18 if you need guidance.
- Complete the sheet called Gr 3 Day 1 Place Value. If you are not sure how to answer a question, write a question mark. (?)
- Play Roll and Show. For directions, Log into Ed and find Chapter 1 page 22 of your student workbook. If you don't have any dice, you can make up 4-digit numbers. Hen you play, draw the base 10 blocks for each number, and write the number in expanded form and word form. You can use the Gr 3 Day 1 Roll and Show Game Sheet to play.
- Log into Ed and open the Fact Fluency for Chapter 1. Complete activity 1C: Using Doubles and Doubles Plus One.
- Practice math facts (multiplication and division) using flashcards, grab bag fact sheets, play a math game or Freckle
(https://student.freckle.com/#assignments/fact-practice/140618633/session) Class code is: macnez
- Optional - Play Penguin Jump Multiplication: Math Playground
Overview: Independent Reading and Response
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Explanation of Activity/Assignment: You can practice your fluency, accuracy and comprehension skills by reading independently and responding to a text.
Quick Things to Know:
- You may choose any fiction independent reading book from home.
- Read your book for 30 minutes.
- Fill out Character Connections Graphic Organizer for the reading you did today.
If you do not have access to a printer, please draw the Venn Diagram on a piece of paper.
Optional: Freckle article: The Recess Hero code is: macnez (You might have to take the ELA placement test first! It will only take a few minutes, then it will take you to your “assignment” page! Enjoy the stories!)
Writing and Spelling
Overview: Respond to a writing prompt
Estimated Time: 30 to 45 minutes over five days.
Explanation of Activity/Assignment: Practice skills you have learned over the course of the year--prewriting, drafting, revising and editing and publishing.
Quick Things to Know:
- Respond to the following prompt: Write a paragraph about your most important accomplishment.
- Create a rough draft and then revise and edit your writing.
- Type your draft into a word document and save it as "My Most Important Accomplishment"
Overview: Practice spelling words using games and activities.
Estimated Time: 15 minutes every day.
Explanation of Activity/Assignment: Use the “word study” link below to practice words on your level (you’ll take your placement “quiz” first).
Links/Activities: https://student.freckle.com/#ela/assignments/word-study/44237683 Code: macnez
Overview: Reading Comprehension - Mount Vesuvius
Estimated time: 30-45 minutes
Explanation of Activity/Assignment: Read the article about Mount Vesuvius (click the link below and use our class code). Answer the comprehension questions to show what you learned.
Links/Activities: https://classroom.freckle.com/#/ela/articles/9adfd164-189c-4bb4-8c2e-5fb5da129109 Class Code: macnez