Wednesday, April 1, 2020
A note from Dr. Garvin: This week’s Distance Learning activities are limited to math and special. Please use the remainder of the time to catch up on activities posted during the previous two weeks. Elementary teachers will be conducting conferences and planning new learning for next week’s launch of Phase 2 of the CB Distance Learning Plan. Thank you!
Overview: Computation and Connections
Estimated Time for Activity: 30 minutes
Things to know:
- If you do not have access to a printer, it is fine to create your own worksheets based off the supplied worksheets.
- All activities are also available in Seesaw if you prefer.
- More specific directions are provided on each sheet/activity that goes along with these lessons. I will send these sheets through email.
Explanation: Using what you do in Computation and Connections in calendar, you will review skills and concepts in adding, subtracting, and skip counting.
Tasks: Get numbers using addition, subtraction, or skip counting, find missing numbers
- Find 5 ways to get to 50, 100, and 250 using addition, subtraction, or skip counting.
- Fill in the missing numbers on a 100 chart by skip counting and looking for number patterns.
OPTIONAL: Only do the following activities if you want more practice:
- Number Grid Puzzles: Fill in the missing number grid puzzles using your knowledge of skip counting and adding and subtracting on a number grid.
- Play Number Grid Game. The directions can be found in Seesaw or below. The number grid was emailed to parents as a separate file.
*OPTIONAL READ ALOUD
Overview: Listen and enjoy a fictional story
- Read aloud: Listen to chapters 64-65 of The Wild Robot in Seesaw. These chapters have been assigned in your activities. Feel free to respond to the questions to share your thinking.
*OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES
Overview: Choose an activity to further enrich your learning
Explanation of Activity: Students choose how to spend additional academic time.
Quick Things to Know: There are many activities, games, and websites to choose from on our class website.
Tasks: Play a game, listen to a book read aloud, or read some non-fiction books to reinforce and enrich your learning
Activities you can choose from:
- Finish the reading activities from Monday & Tuesday.
- At 1 p.m., visit https://www.mindfulschools.org/free-online-mindfulness-class-for-kids/ for a free mindfulness lesson if you're interested
- Math Websites available on class site
- Spelling & Writing Websites available on class site
- Reading Websites available on class site
- Lunch Doodles with author & illustrator Mo Willems each Tuesday-Thursday at 1 p.m. (link on Reading Websites page)
- Read a book of your choice
- Free Write in your green story journal: Write about a topic of your choice, a personal narrative (tells a story about something that happened to you), fictional story, persuasive/opinion piece, or poem or acrostic about a topic.
- Take a walk
- Play a board game
- Reach out (phone, email, letter) to a friend or relative or teacher 😊
- Visit GoNoodle for a movement/brain break
Today's Special: PE (or check out the MUSIC activities if you haven't yet since you keep missnig Friday's special)
Jamison's Distance Learning Site for Specials: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/47795