Distance Learning Day 2- World Languages
Course: Spanish 5
Date: Wednesday, March 18th 2020
Please see the lesson details below and email me with any questions!
Continue vocabulary and preterit/imperfect review; Vocabulary 2.1 review
Estimated Time: Approximately 45 minutes
Explanation (learning goal):
- Review how to express what happened in the past in Spanish; Practice new vocabulary expressions
Materials that are Needed:
Material: Document in Canvas; Vocabulary Flashcards
- Calentamiento – Open yesterday’s Calentamiento Assignment: read any comments. If you didn’t do it yesterday, hurry up and do it! Can you fix mistakes or add to what you wrote in the text box yesterday? If so, answer this question: ¿Qué hiciste anoche?
- El Pretérito vs. El Imperfecto:
a) Open the Safe Waters Doc in Canvas and review
b) Apply these concepts to complete the practice activity “Superhombre”. Submit this on Canvas.
3. Escuchemos: Pretérito/ Imperfecto March 18
a) Listen to conversation and try to get a general idea of what they are discussing
b) Listen again, and pause to write in textbox 2 sentences with verbs in the preterit and 2 sentences with verbs in the imperfect.
c) After each sentence write in parenthesis the reasons that each sentence was in the preterit or imperfect. For example:
Nosotros escuchábamos música mientras ellos jugaban fútbol. (Imperfect because it explains 2 simultaneous actions, neither is completed.)
4. Vocabulario 2.1 –
a) Use your vocabulary list to write 10 good vocabulary definitions and submit in Canvas.
b) Use your Flashcards to quiz yourself on vocabulary!
Method of Communication:
- Office Hour: by phone 8am-3pm 571-522-0327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org