March 17, 2020
~all times are estimates~
GROVELAND DISTANCE LEARNING HOME PAGE:
Overview: Reading and responding to text
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Explanation of Assignment: You will read independently, and also read a passage and respond to the questions provided.
READ YOUR INDEPENDENT READING BOOK FOR 30 MINUTES- WRITE A 6 SENTENCE SUMMARY IN YOUR HOMEWORK BOOK. YOU MAY ALSO EMAIL OR WRITE YOUR SUMMARY IN WORD AND SHARE THE SUMMARY IF YOU PREFER (ELECTRONICALLY).
IF YOU WRITE A SUMMARY IN YOUR NOTEBOOK- PLEASE PUT THE DATE!!
- Read the article, “I Spot a Leopard”. Answer the questions. You may write your answers in your notebook, on a piece of paper, or wherever you're most comfortable. You can also work right in the word document. It will move some of the lines and spacing, but THAT'S OKAY!
**THIS DOCUMENT IS BEING SENT TO YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL ADDRESS.
Overview: Reading Non-fiction text and taking notes
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Explanation of Assignment: You will learn about the Statue of Liberty and take notes on the information in the text. This material is in your GOLD envelope that was sent home last week.
- Set up your yellow note cards with the following topic headings:
Topic 1: What is the statue of liberty
Topic 2: Where is it and when was it built
Topic 3: How does it symbolize freedom
- Begin reading the World Book STUDENT article: Statue of Liberty (this is in your gold envelope)
Read the first two pages of the article.
AS YOU READ: if any information answers the 3 topics on your cards- WRITE THAT DOWN on your cards, using bullets—NOT complete sentences.
HIGHLIGHT the info/sentences you are taking notes on
Ex: TOPIC 1
- National monument
- Statue- a standing structure
- Once you read and take notes on the first two pages, your work is done for today! Good Job!
See Mrs. Jackson’s Distance Learning Page.
Click here for the link: