WEEKLY FARMER'S MARKETIn conjunction with Bucks County Opportunity Council and Philabundance, Central Bucks School District is proud to offer a weekly Farmer's Market during the school closure. Fresh fruit, vegetables, prepared foods, dry goods, clothing, and other services are provided free for CBSD families. Pick-up is at Barclay Elementary School, located at 2015 Palomino Drive every Wednesday beginning at 4 p.m. If you arrive, please be sure to enter the school from Palomino Drive so you are "turning right" into the school - please do not cross traffic lanes from the other direction.
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH INFORMATION
CBSD is still processing free and reduced lunch applications If you think you may now qualify due to changes in employment, please fill out the online application at Free and Reduced lunch application
If you qualify, your child would be eligible to receive meals at our Grab and Go lunch program that is going on while we are not at school. Once school resumes, your child can receive breakfast and lunch at school for free or at a reduced cost.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and right now it may be more important than ever to do a self-check and check in on your school community as well.
Here are some quick ways to cope during this time, adapted from recommendations from the CDC:
- Take media breaks, and curate what you read carefully. Use trusted sources and narrow your list down to only a few news sites, social media outlets, etc. Constantly reading about the pandemic can be very stressful.
- Take care of your body, including meditation or exercise and getting enough sleep.
- Nutrition is important during this time. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals to fuel your body and mind.
- Make time to unwind. Find joy in an activity every week.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
And, as always, if you are feeling overwhelmed by these issues, please seek professional help
Today is National School Nurse's Day. Our mission is to help students be healty, safe and ready to learn--no matter what their medical needs may be. We believe in our students and want them to succeed.