- Spelling City is customized and reinforces all of the spelling lists we have focused on this year.
- Wacky Web Tales: This site reinforces grammar in a fun way. Students create a Mad Lib after identifying adjectives, verbs, nouns, etc. If students are unsure of a grammar vocabulary such as plural, there is a help button that shows examples.
- Freckle, Greg Tang Math, Math Playground, Prodigy, Xtra Math (fact fluency)
- Epic is a valuable resource for fiction and non-fiction text. The students love the app in class and the code listed above will allow access at home for students in our class. Some of the books can be read to your child. I encourage books about rocks, minerals, maps, sound, habitats, and other topics that interest your child.
- Freckle has activities that reinforce reading and math. Students will log-in with their username and password (located in the front of their homework book). They can choose activities, as well as complete the activities that were assigned to them. I am able to monitor their progress with assigned tasks.
- Storyline Online shares a read aloud of different books.
- Jamison Library Homepage takes you to links for book recommendations, as well as sites that will support your child if he/she wants to research a topic of interest. For example, Pebble Go is a great resource if your child wants to look up a topic connected to one of the science activities assigned under Distance Learning.
- Book Flix (Scholastic) is a valuable resource for reading books online. This site is offering free access during school closures.
- Phil Tulga Inferencing Riddles help students infer (make reasonable guesses based on details). It is a fun game that gives clues and students need to solve the mystery word.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Scholastic is offering free resources during school closures to keep students engaged and excited to read. Each day the site offers a daily themed lesson with connected text of both fiction and non-fiction books. Click on the link below to sign-in and get started with your free access.
- BrainPOP Jr will take you to videos that reinforce the topics we are learning in second grade. There are videos on rocks and minerals, maps, sound, instruments, continents and oceans, and various grammar topics.