Writing Learning Opportunities for Day 2- Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Today I will review the types of sentences I can write
- Today I will write sentences that begin with capitals and end with a punctuation mark
- Today I attempt to write statements, questions, exclamations, and commands in my writing
- 30 minutes
- Writing different types of sentences makes writing more interesting to read. Statements, questions, exclamations, and commands can be included in writing.
- Punctuation helps readers understand your writing. Without punctuation, your writing runs together. The types of ending marks tells your reader how to read your writing
Three quick things to remember:
- Pick a subject for your paragraph. Think about the main idea.
- Write a topic sentence about the main idea.
- Add 3 or 4 detail sentences to your paragraph to support the main idea.
- Try to include different types of sentences.
- Proofread to make sure you have capital letters at the beginnings of sentences and punctuation at the ends.
- Watch and listen to “Types of Sentences” on Brainpop Jr
- Green Packet (Spring or March Writing Prompts) page 2- write your paragraph
*Do not hesitate in contacting me via email if you have any questions.