3rd Grade Reading: Reading A-Z: Grab Bag
Overview: Read independent level book
Estimated Time: 15-20 minutes
Explanation: You will choose one of your independent leveled books that is in your grab bag, and then complete one activity that goes with your reading.
Things to Know: Sit with a parent, guardian, sibling, or adult to practice reading fluently and accurately. Directions should be read allowed to student to ensure they know the expectation of the activity.
- Pick 1 book from grab bag
- After book has been chosen, pick 1 activity to go along with your reading
- Read book silently to self, pointing to ever word
- If adult or sibling is available read to them, showing them your best reading skills (pointing to all words, turning pages, stretching words by sounds, and fluently reading the text)
- Then complete the activity that you have chosen
***Note: Students should read the book each time before completing the activity for that day. Read the same book each day until all activities have been complete. Then move on to another book. Skipping around from book to book before completing all activities can confuse students and cause them to mix up events, characters, and other story elements.
3rd Grade Math: Chapter 3 Activity 1: Grab Bag:
Overview: Subtract fluently within 100
Estimated Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Explanation: Subtract numbers within 20 mentally using different strategies.
Things to Know: Sit with a parent, guardian, sibling, or adult to practice subtracting numbers within 100. Use your strategies that we have learned, in order to solve these problems presented.
- Read all directions, if you do not know what something says skill and come back to it or ask an adult
- Count back from the larger number
- Use the counting tape and number bonds to help break numbers up and count back
- Make sure to show all work
- Do not focus on the boxes concerning "another way to subtract," these are challenges
Game: Pet Bingo
- No password needed, just download for free from the app store
- Start practicing some math facts!