Students will continue the routine of their weekly self-generative writing.
Students will review the functions of a comma in writing.
Estimated Time: 30 Minutes
Students will begin keeping a journal of this unprecedented time in their lives. They should write for 5-10 minutes each day about their experiences with social distancing.
Students will work through the ELA-A Distance Learning Day 3 Module on their class's Canvas Page. This is a 20 minute formative assessment of comma usage.
3 Quick Things to Know:
- Writers react to the world around them and reflect on their experiences.
- Writers follow agreed upon rules in order to communicate.
- Writers review their writing to reflect correct grammar usage.
- Go to your class's Canvas course.
- Click on the Day 3 Distance Learning Module.
- Watch the screencast that helps students understand the tasks for today's activities.
- Type a daily journal entry for today, Thursday March 19th. You will journal every day in this document. You will submit your word document to Canvas on Monday 3/23.
- Log into your No Red Ink Account and complete the assigned quiz on commas.
- Complete the reflection assignment by summarizing your understanding of comma usage since reviewing this skills for the past 3 days. For every word you use, give yourself 10 cents. Try to make a $2.00 summary of the content reviewed.
- If a student did not complete days 1 or 2, they can certainly go back at any time to complete that work. I will check for missing work periodically.
Links/Activities: Go to your class's Canvas Course
Mrs. Wingerter will check her email throughout the day. If you have a question, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org