Week of March 30th to April 3rd:
Week of March 23rd: Can you solve these puzzles?
Hello Math Friends!
I miss you already. Distance learning is a great opportunity for us to have some creative fun with math! I know you will be working hard on assignments from your teacher, however, if you have time and are looking for some higher level math fun, here are some options:
1. Log into your Freckle account (www.freckle.com) and work in the adaptive math section. If you don't have an account, you can create an account with help from your parents, or have them email me and I will add an account for you. If I already created an account for you, and you can't remember your log in, please have your parents send me an email.
2. Plan a camping trip!
Create plans for a camping trip to a location of your choice. Decide who is going on this trip with you.
1. Design the camp ground site using graph paper and then measure the area and perimeter of everything you placed in the campground.
2. Plan your activities for each day of the trip. How many days are you camping? Be sure to plan the times of your activities. Total the amounts of time for all activities each day.
3. Don't forget your packing lists. You will need many items, including your food. Use resources to find the costs of items and foods. The amount of food you bring will depend on how many people are joining you. Keep a list and then figure out how much this camping trip is going to cost.
4. Don't forget to fill your vehicle with gas before you leave. Find out the gas prices and how far you are traveling. How much will you need to spend in fuel?
You can organize all of this information any way that fits you as a learner (paper/pencil/markers: individual pages or poster or trifold), Power Point, book creator, iMovie, etc.)
Have fun with this! I can't wait to see what you come up with!