Grade 1 Day 6
Hi First Graders!
Today is an art day, so please check out Mrs. H.D.'s plans!
Have a wonderful Wednesday and keep it up! I wish I could hear all of your reading!
Love, Mrs. Klebba
Draw a picture of what you are grateful for. Once you are done, write a thank you note to someone you are grateful for.
Reading (45 minutes)
Activity 1: Phonics
- Generate a list of words with a long /u/ spelling pattern (_u_e) such as tube, rule, etc.
Activity 2: Reading
- Read a new story (non-fiction) to your stuffed animals or sibling. Before you read, complete the K and W portion of the KWL chart. K stands for what I already know about the topic. W stands for what I want to know.
Activity 3: Reading Response
- Finish your KWL chart by completing the L portion. L stands for what I learned.
Links/Activities: Optional – Epic, Book Flix, and Pebble Go for online variety of books; post picture of favorite part to Seesaw
Writing (25 minutes)
Narrative Writing: Your Perfect Day
- Think about your perfect day. Give 2-3 details about what you would do on your perfect day.
- Write 4-5 sentences and draw an illustration to match. (Remember to think about our 4 Square organizer!)
- Try to add adjectives or transition words (First, Next, Last)!
- Reread your writing and edit for 5 star sentences.
- Illustrate a picture to match your writing.
- Celebrate your work, writer! Share with a friend or family member OR post to Seesaw.
Math (30 minutes)
Using the packet, complete Day 6 pages.
Activity 1: Identifying flat shapes
- Color the correct shape to match the shape word.
Activity 2: Identifying and sorting flat and solid shapes
- Cut out the given pictures and use them as cards
- Mix up the cut-out cards. Lay them flat on the table.
- Sort them into flat and solid shapes.
- Discuss how are they alike? How are they different?
- If you were to match a flat shape to a solid shape, which shapes would go together?
Activity 3: Identifying, counting, and comparing flat shapes (Extra)
- Identify given flat shapes
- Describe and write to tell how they are alike. How are they different?
Activity 4: Problem Solving with Shapes: (Extra)
- Sort given flat shapes into two groups.
- Write to explain the two groups you sorted the shapes into and why.
Activity 5: Shape Patterns (Extra - Only complete if you want more practice.)
- Draw the shape or shapes that come next in the shape pattern.
How is this assignment turned in to the teacher: Photo on Seesaw or placed in the envelope
Science (20 minutes)
Identify the Weather
- Observe today’s weather.
- Draw a picture of the weather using details and labels.
- Write a sentence about the weather.
How is this assignment turned in to the teacher: Place any papers you completed back into your DL Envelope to hand in to the teacher. Optional: Read/explain your weather report on Seesaw.
Special (20 minutes)
Check out the district website for ideas from Mrs. H.D. for Art: