Overview - You are going to continue to review what THEME is and how to identify a theme within a piece of text by completing your IReady "Determining Theme" packet.
Estimated Time - 30 minutes
Explanation of Activity/Assignment - You are going to need your IReady "Determining Theme" packet that you used yesterday. You will also need your laptop opened and logged onto IReady online, as well as, Canvas.
1. First refresh your memory by reviewing what theme is using the Powerpoint on my Canvas page (Reading Module, then scroll down to Ready Lesson - Determining Theme)
2. After you review what theme is, review pages 1-5 in your IReady packet that you completed yesterday. This will help to refresh your memory before beginning today.
3. Finish the remaining pages in your IReady packet on Determinig theme. You will have one final story to read and answer questions on called "from Little Women".
- As you read underline 4 words/phrases that show how the author is re-stating the message within the story.
- You may need to re-read sections again in order to have 4 words/phrases that show the theme.
- COMPLETE all questions after the reading (#1-3). PLEASE be sure to read the directions within each question.
4. Once you have completed the IReady theme packet, log onto IReady online to complete another theme lesson posted by Miss. Musoleno.
Quick things to know - As you complete the IReady reading, from Little Women, you must read the direcrions carefully, as well as, underline 4 examples of words/ phrases that show how the author re-states the reoccuring message.
- REMEMBER, I have a PowerPoint posted on my Canvas page (Reading Module, then click on "Ready - Determining Theme) that can help walk you through the lesson if you need a reminder/refresher on Theme.
Tasks - Complete final reading in IReady "Determining Theme" packet. Use PowerPoint on Canvas page to help you work through the questions. Then, Log onto Iready online to complete an additonal teacher added lesson on Theme.
Links/Activites - Canvas Link:
Overview - Read the rest of Ch. 13 (pg. 142-150) of our in class novel - Boy in the Striped Pajams with the remaining comprehension questions for the chapter (#15-29)
Estimated Time - 30 minutes
Explanation of Activity/Assignment - Read the rest of Ch. 13. As you read, think about what Lt. Kotler may have done to Pavel after he spilled the bottle of wine. WHY did Bruno's Father not stop Kotler from doing this in front of his family? Once you have completed the chapter, complete the remaing questions for chapter 13 (#15-29) in your comprehension questions packet.
Quick things to know - An additonal PDF copy of Boy in the Striped Pajamas is on my Canvas page (Reading Module), as well as, the audio version in case you prefer to listen. Please try your best to complete the rest of the chapter 13 comprehension questions. They will help guide you through understanding the key events within the chapter.
Tasks - Finish Ch. 13 and complete Ch. 13 comprehension questions.
Links/Activites - Canvas Link