Art for the Family!
Art activities that can be created with common household items.
Drawing websites and videos with content for all ages and ability levels (that means you too Grandma!)
Creative challenges to keep the everyone entertained and thinking critically.
Making Art Room Materials at Home
- Do you have old water-based markers that are all dried out?
- Insert the marker, tip down into a cup or jar of water…wait overnight and watch as the marker that is inside wicks out to form watercolor you can paint with…ENJOY!
- You could also color with water-based marker and quickly paint over the areas with water to create a watercolor look…Cool!
- No paintbrush at home, no problem…try some of the hand-made brushes you see in the image below…
Tempera Paint Recipe
- Sweetened Condensed Milk and Food Coloring
Puffy Paint Recipe
- 1cup of salt, 1cup flour, 1cup of water and drops of food coloring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- food coloring
- Mix together all the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over low/medium heat, stirring.
- Continue stirring until the mixture is thickened and begins to gather around the spoon.
- Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool
Air Dry Clay