Overview: Plan, design build a Leprechaun Trap.
Estimated Time: 25- 30 minutes
Explanation: There is a leprechaun on the loose! He’s been causing a lot of mischief and YOU need to find a way to help and stop this nonsense! Design and create a Leprechaun Trap that will catch this sneaky leprechaun!
Quick things to know: You can use any materials that you have at home. There are no requirements or constraints on your final product. You may be as creative as you would like!
- Click here on the book title, How to Catch a Leprechaun. This will help to inspire your design!
- Plan: Draw a sketch of the trap. Label the sketch showing the materials you will use.
- Build, test, & improve: Use the materials you have available to build! Don’t forget to make a leprechaun to “test” the trap.
- Share: Present your final trap design to someone in your house or share with your QUEST teacher through email.
Method of Communication: Share with someone at home or take a picture and share it with your QUEST teacher through Seesaw.
Overview: To complete coding challenges using blockly code.
Estimated Time: 25 minutes
Explanation: You will use your critically thinking and problem-solving skills to creatively solve coding challenges on code.org.
Quick things to know: You will need a device to access the internet.
- Using an internet browser on your electronic device, go to code.org
- Optional: You can also access code.org through your Clever account.
- From that main page, scroll down the page until you see the Hour of Code option. (it has an image of Minecraft characters above it)
- Click on the words Hour of Code.
- From that new window, select an hour of code challenge to complete.
- You do not need to finish the hour of code challenge.
Method of Communication: If you choose to complete all the levels, show your certificate to someone at home or you can print and bring it to your QUEST teacher.