All lesson Plans will be posted on this page.
Please email me with questions regarding assignments and expectations if you have them.
Mr. Mr. Breish
On Monday, April 6, we will enter "Phase 2" of Distance Learning as indicated by CBSD administration in their posted plan:
Here is a summary of phase 2 information:
- Students will find daily assignments on the webpage below. Assignments must be completed by the advertised deadlines. Students will receive feedback regarding whether or not proficiency is attained. Students who have not attained proficiency will receive specific guidance regarding follow-up activities and deadlines.
- Students should attend classroom check-ins (i.e. office hours) via Microsoft Teams as follows:
- Block 1: 10:30-11:30am Mondays and Wednesdays
- Block 3: 10:30-11:30am Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Block 4: 12:30-1:30pm Tuesdays and Thrusdays
- When attending online meetings, students must abide by CB Online Meeting Guidelines.
OTHER MEETING TIMES / EXTRA HELP
- Students can reach out any time for help. That should be done using email. It will be most likely that we can connect during the office hours posted above and via the methods outlined below in the bullets that follow. Individual meetings with every student will not be possible, nor will "on demand" help, assistance provided at the instant it is requested.
- As with Phase 1 of distance learning, to promote student collaboration, it is best for students to request help as follows:
- Connect with other students from class.
- Identify specific concepts and questions that require additional help / clarification. Do not plan to ask for help with "everything." This approach makes online meetings inefficient, making it less likely that our sessions will be useful.
- Once a group of students has identified problem spots, ask a group leader to reach out with days/times that work well for your schedules. Do not request times when other CBSD classes meet.
- Mr. Breish will schedule meetings based on this availability.
CLASSROOM TOOLS AND RESOURCES
The primary tool for communication, especially classroom check-ins (i.e. Office Hours) will be Microsoft Teams. Throughout phase 1, numerous Teams calls have occurred. Students and parents have also received correspondence encouraging them to address Teams-related questions/concerns ASAP.
Content will be delivered via Canvas as normal. Links to those areas have been and will continue to be available within the menu for site link which appears as follows: https://www.cbsd.org/canvas
Conceptual Chemistry: Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30
Estimated Time: 60
- Explanation: See syllabus on canvas for individual daily instructions.
- Three quick things to know:
- 1) Attend the meeting at 10:30
- 2) There will be directions in the document titled Final Presentation Dates Spring 2020.docx on canvas for the final project.
- 3) All new instruction will be recorded and posted in the "posts" section of Microsoft Teams. Q & A will not be.
- Tasks: Students will log onto canvas. Go to modules. The first module is titled Distance Learning. Download the document(s) with today’s date.
- Additional resources:
- Method of Communication: Microsoft Teams and email.
Honors Chemistry: April 30th
- Estimated Time: 60 Minutes
- Explanation: All topics are covered in the document titled "distance learning honors syllabus."
- Three quick things to know:
- 1) Attend the teams meeting at 10:30 (block 3) or 12:30 (block 4).
- 2) Come to class with your calculator, pencil, notebook and periodic table.
- 3) All new instruction will be recorded and posted in the "posts" section of Microsoft Teams.
Actions: Have your notebook, pencil, calculator and periodic table. It is recommended that you preview the material by reading 10.1 and 10.2 in the textbook.
- Method of Communication: Microsoft Teams, Canvas and email