Attention All Grade 1 Basic SKills, ELI students, Gr.2 Basic Skills Students, Guided Reading Group, Reading Horizon Group, Word Work/Fluency Group, and SIDEWALKS:
All work will posted on April 14 if your child was working with me, or with a Basic Skills Aide. I will have my own Seesaw account. Details will follow.
My schedule is currently on my website, so you can see where and when your child's program will be posted. I look forward to hearing from all the wonderful friends in first and second grades, via Seesaw! You may also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Enjoy your holiday break, stafe safe, and we will enjoy our learning together!!!!
Mrs. Felsoci-Mattia :)
March 17: Hello Friends! Your goals are to write and read vowel sounds and words and to use them in meaningful ways in sentences.
1.Grab your pencil and a paper.
2. We are going to do some slides and words!
3. Create 5 slides for each vowel. Be sure to mark them correctly.
4. Save room on the side so you can turn your slide into a word. Be sure to mark them correctly.
5. Now, take your words and put them into alphabetical order.
6. Choose 3 words and create an asking sentence, a telling sentence, and and exclamation sentence.
7. Share your work with your family and be proud! :)
March 17: Hello Friends! Your goals are to practice word attack, word order, spelling, fluency and comprehension
1. Let's begin with a " Quick Read Words" warm up.
2. You will use your c=/s/ sound and g=/j/ sound. Read these words aloud: circle, gem, germs, city, cycle, gentle, giant
3. Get your pencil and paper ready. Put the words you just read in alphabetical order.
4. Review your high frequency spelling words: always, laugh, only, told. Try writing them after giving yourself a 3 second look.
5. Comprehension Goal: Summarizing, read: A Pack of Colors-page 10. Go back to pages 10-11, summarize what happened. Do the same for 12-13, 14-15.
6. Use your text to complete these sentence frames: What was in the tan sack? The tan sack had a thick_______. What did Zack and Rick draw? Zack and Rick drew__________.
7. You may want to reread this passage for fluency practice to a family member. Be proud of your hard work!
Early Literacy Intervention:
March 17: Hello Friends! Your goals are to practice fluent reading from your book bag and find short vowel words.
1. Read 2 books from your book bag to a stuffed animal or family member. Be a vowel detective. Write and say all the short a and short i words in each story. Be proud of your great effort!
Early Literacy Intervention-grade 1: Parents, please use your judgment and complete what you can. This is meant to be review and fun. I am happy to help in anyway. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from the kiddos!!!! :)
March 18: Hello Friends! Your goals are to practice your fluent reading, talk about your book, and draw.
1. Get your book bag and select a book.
2. Find a family member, older brother or sister, pet, or a favorite stuffed animal and read the book smoothly.
3. Talk after reading about any of these things:
a. Who is your favorite character?
b. Tell if there was a problem.
c. Tell if how the problem was solved.
4. Grab your crayons and a paper so you can draw your favorite part of the story.
* Be proud of your fluent reading! :)
SIDEWALKS-grade 2: Parents, please use your judgment and complete what you can. This is meant to be review and fun. I am happy to help in anyway. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from the kiddos!!! :)
March 18: Hello Friends! Enjoy rereading for fluency, spelling, word attack, and comprehension(main idea/detail) goal practice today!
1. Let's review our short i and short a words with ng and nk blends. Warm up by reading your " Quick Read Words":
sang, wink, sank, thank, wing, pink, rang, and lung.
2. Comprehension goal- main idea and detail. Grab your pencil or crayons, a paper, your SIDEWALKS book and reread: Franklin Chang-Diaz, pagers 34-41 fluently.
3. Get your pencil and paper and write a telling sentence about the main idea, and draw a detail about the main idea below your sentence.
4. Share your work with your family.
Challenge: Try spelling your short a and short i words on your paper after a 3 second look.
* Good for you! You are becoming a fluent reader and speller!!! :)
March 19- Early Literacy Intervention-grade 1: Parents, please continue to use your judgment while your child works on these literacy activities. Please see Mr. Ortman's recent e-mail to Creeker Families for more specifics.
Hello Friends! Let's enjoy cuddling with a pet, stuffed animal, or family member and read a book from your book bag.
1. Choose a book from your bag. Read it fluently.
2. Tell your reading buddy what the setting is, who the characters are, if there is a problem and solution.
3. Find 1 short a, short i, short u word within the story.
Feel good about your smooth reading and vowel work! :)
March 19- SIDEWALKS-grade 2: Parents, please continue to use your judgment while your child works on these literacy activities.
Hello Friends! I think you will enjoy reviewing your word attack skills, vocabulary, spelling, and comprehension skills today!
1. Vocabulary Review: Theme- Team Spirit, read each word: compete, contribute, recreation, and ability. Now read the sentences below and put the word that best fits each sentence by reading it to a family member or pet.
a. You show your reading __________each day when you practice your reading.
b. When you gave money to the penny drive at Mill Creek, you were kind to ____________.
c. Running, jumping rope, and playing board games are great ______________ during this time.
d. During field day, silver will ________ against burgundy.
2. " Quick Read Words": Use your "angry lion sound" to read these words: hurry, third, after, thunder, father
3. Grab your SIDEWALKS book. Read, Team Spirit, page 28-31. Think about how you show team spirit and talk about it with your family.
4. Grab a pencil and write a /ck/ word, /ch/, and /wh/ word. Circle the vowel in each.
Show your work to your family! Pat yourself on the back for your hard work! :)
March 20-SIDEWALKS-grade 2:
Time for "Friday Fun Day"!!!! Enjoy family time playing, talking, cuddling, and just being a second grader! Miss you!!
March 20-Early Literacy Intervention-grade 1:
Time for "Friday Fun Day"!!! Enjoy family time playing, talking, cuddling, and just being a first grader! Miss you!
Week of March 23:
Grades 1-2, Early Literacy Intervention, Reading Horizons, and SIDEWALKS' friends please enjoy the links below to have wonderful stories throughout the week. You may also choose to use the books I have provided to you before this break, or books your classroom teachers have provided to you. After you finish listening to or reading a story each day, you can choose from the following to do each day:
-Draw the characters, draw a picture of the problem and the solution. Tell your pet or stuffed animal about it.
-Retell the story through a picture walk using beginning, middle, and end with a partner.
-Draw the setting and share your thinking with your family.
-Write a sentence about what you liked about the story.
-Pick a page and find and write short vowel words on a piece of paper. Read them to your family or stuffed animal.
-Pick a page and find and write consonant blends on a piece of paper. Put them in alphabetical order.
-Pick a page and select 4 words to put in alphabetical order.
-Pick an page and write and draw a new or interesting word your read.
HAVE FUN AND FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME! MISS YOU ALL! KEEP UP THE GREAT EFFORTS!
Week of March 30:
Early Literacy Intervention, Reading Horizons, and SIDEWALKS:
This week's Distance Learning activities are limited to math and special ( please see your child's homeroom teacher's website). Please use the reaminder of time ot to catch up on activities posted during previous two weeks or feel free to visiti some of the websites posted on my website.
Elementary teachers and Reading Specialists will be conducting conferences and planning new learning for next week's launch of Phase 2 of CB Distance Learning Plan. Thank you!