Mrs. Kehoe ~ Reading Specialist ~
Distance Learning Phase 2 - New
Please review the 2 documents below for a explanation of and a schdule for Distance Learning Phase 2.
- What's New in the World of Reading
- This week’s Distance Learning activities are limited to math and special (please see your child’s homeroom teacher’s website). Please use the remainder of the time to catch up on activities posted during the previous two weeks or feel free to visit some of the websites posted on my website.Elementary teachers and Reading Specialists will be conducting conferences and planning new learning for next week’s launch of Phase 2 of the CB Distance Learning Plan. Thank you!
- Scholastic Learn at Home is a resources with ideas and activities for at home learning in grades K-9. This is a wonderful resources for at home learning. The link is https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html.
- Mo Willems, author of the Piggy and Elephant and the Pidgeon series, is hosting a daily Lunch Doodle on the Kennedy Center Website. Each day at 1:00, he does lessons on how to draw characters. These lessons are geared toward kids. Each session is about 20-25 minutes long. Previously aired sessions can be viewed as well. The link is https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems.
Reading and Writing Resources
Reading Activities - NEW
Reading Bookmark - NEW
- First and Last Sound Bingo with CVC Words
- First and Last Sound Bingo Blank Template for CVC Words
- Sound Dash
Word Writing Practice
Word Wall Words
Story Map ~ Character, Setting, Problem and Solution
Book Conferenes ~ Grades 3-6
Fun Reading Actitvites