Dear Parents and Families,
This year I will be using a web-based program called Class Dojo to help track student behavior. In Class Dojo, students can earn points for positive behaviors such as being on task, following directions, helping others, etc. Students can also lose points for negative behaviors such as being off task, not following directions, etc. (Only parents and teachers of the students have access to the data.) Students will earn or lose points throughout the day for the behavior listed in our homeroom’s Class Dojo. Using the Class Dojo program is an excellent communication tool to help keep parents updated about their child’s behavior.
Once you have joined our class you will be able to check your child’s progress anytime. You will also be emailed a report every Friday. Parents love having instant access to how their child is doing.
We will award and deduct points in a variety of ways:
- Whole Class or Small Group Work: points can be given to or taken from an entire group or class at once for a behavior or participation
- Individual: points can be given to or taken from an individual student for their personal behavior or participation
- Randomized Checks: a random student can be selected by the computer, then the teacher will award points or deduct points based on their behavior at the current moment
- Non-Homeroom Teacher reports: When another adult in the building reports a student for negative/positive behavior, the homeroom teachers will add that to the student’s point tally
- Students will be able to "cash out" their points on a rotating basis for various rewards at school!
Please take a minute to download the Class Dojo app or visit the website at www.classdojo.com and use your code to login and get familiar with our new method for tracking behavior. You can use the Class Dojo app or website to send me messages as well. All of our communication through Dojo messaging is private.
I know you will be proud to see the great behaviors your child is displaying throughout the school day through Class Dojo!
ClassDojo Translate is now available for teachers and parents everywhere! This new addition to ClassDojo will help break down the language barrier between classrooms and homes. ClassDojo Translate enables families to translate all classroom announcements and messages into their preferred language, with just one tap. Class Dojo translates to over 35 languages.
An invitation letter with directions about how to join will be sent home to you at the beginning of the school year. Please let me know if you have any questions about this behavior management tool. Thank you!