"Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas" - Albert Einstein
FACT PRACTICE- MATH BASEBALL
Fifth Grade Everyday Math Units of StudyUnit 1 - Number TheoryUnit 2 - Estimation and ComputationUnit 3 - Geometry ExplorationsUnit 4 - DivisionUnit 5 - Fractions, Decimals, and PercentsUnit 6 - Using Data; Addition and Subtraction of FractionsUnit 7 - Exponents and Negative NumbersUnit 8 - Fractions and RatiosUnit 9 - Coordinates, Areas, Volume, and CapacityUnit 10 - Using Data; Algebra Concepts and SkillsUnit 11 - VolumeUnit 12 - Probability, Ratios, and RatesFifth Grade Secure Skills:· Find the factors of a number.
· Know place value to billions, trillions.
· Know place value to hundredths, thousandths.
· Determine whether number sentences are true or false.
· Understand the function and placement of parentheses in number sentences.
· Convert between fractions, decimals, mixed numbers, and percents.
· Find common denominators.
· Write and solve number sentences with variables.
· Rename numbers written in exponential notation.
· Compare, order, add, and subtract integers and fractions.
· Round decimals to a given place.
· Measure to nearest 1/16 of an inch.
· Apply and explain problem solving strategies.
· Write algebraic expressions to represent situations.
· Use formulas to find areas of rectangles, polygons, circles, and bases of prisms.
· Distinguish between circumference and area of a circle.
· Understand the concepts of area and volume of a figure.
· Plot ordered pairs on a one-quadrant coordinate grid.
· Identify and use maximum, minimum, median, mode, and mean for a data set.
· Interpret mystery line plots and graphs.
· Understand and use tree diagrams to solve problems.