Below are several resources to help benefit you and your child! If there are more resources that you would like me to add, I would LOVE to, so just let me know!
- K5Learning K 5 Learning is a wonderful parent-support for math help at home. It offers online support and numerous printable worksheets to support you and your child’s learning at home. There are even parent progress reports if you chose to assess your child’s progress. Recommended for Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Khan Academy Khan Academy focuses on interactive videos and practice exercises that support your child’s learning at her own pace. The activities are simple enough for your child to do on her own but also challenging enough to push her to learn more.
- Learn Zillion: This video-based website teaches math concepts in short, student-centered lessons. You can search a concept and watch different videos that will teach you and your child how to understand math ideas and strategies. The videos are very child friendly!
- CBSD Reading Strategies
- Why Your Child Should Read 20 Minutes Every Day!
- Helping at home with Vocabulary
- Read Aloud tips for Parents
- Reading with your Child tips
- Reading Rockets Resources: strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better
- Scholastic: tips, book suggestions, free printable worksheets and activities
- Storyline Online: videos with famous people reading children’s book aloud. Each book includes accompanying activities.
- Bucks County Free Library: offers summer reading programs, booklists, Tumble Books online, and various other activities and suggestions for parents and students.
- At Home Spelling Practice
- Family Involvement in Writing
- Writing Activites for Use at Home
- Practical Writing and Reading Ideas for Parents
- Reporting Procedures for Students with IEPs
- Procedural Safeguards Notice
- Tips for Motivating Your Children During the Summer Months Working Memory
For additional information regarding Special Education program and services within the Central Bucks School District, please visit the Special Education Department website: http://https://www.cbsd.org/domain/422.