Listed below are the various programs that are currently being utilized in our elementary Learning Support classrooms!
- Math in Focus
- Builds understandings with a concrete-pictorial-abstract learning progression
- Provides teachers with a reliable, time-saving, and personalized digital experience
- Brings the pedagogy behind Singapore Math’s high achievement to U.S. students
- This program empowers students to develop the critical-thinking skills, positive attitudes, and confidence needed to set the stage for achievement.
English Language Arts
- Comprehension Toolkit
- Provides strategies that work to help students understand, respond to, and learn from nonfiction text, building background knowledge across the curriculum and throughout the year.
- Deepen students’ comprehension of nonfiction text by focusing on reading, writing, drawing, talking, listening, and investigating.
- Foster agency and strategic thinking across the curriculum by helping kids navigate informational text and think about what they are reading to learn, understand, and remember it.
- Reading A to Z
- Reading A to Z provides thousands of downloadable resources that can be printed or projected
- Resources are research-based, learning materials for instruction in guided reading, all foundational skills, reading comprehension, reading fluency, and vocabulary
- Appropriate for creating or supplementing a K-6 reading program, as well as K-12 applications for ESL/ELL, special education, and remedial reading
- Wilson Reading System
- Explicit, direct, cumulative, intensive, and focused instruction on the structure of language
- Multisensory learning using visual, auditory, and kinesthetic-tactile pathways to enhance memory and learning of written language
- Consistent links made between the visual, auditory, and kinesthetic-tactile pathways in learning to read and spell
- Offers a research-based program supported by thirty years of data collected and analyzed from school districts implementing it
- Provides a systematic and cumulative approach to teaching total word structure for reading and spelling
- Math in Focus