5th Grade Band
- Begining 5th Grade band members will get a 30 minute small group lesson each week.
- Lessons will be the same day each week but rotate times so they will not miss the same class.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of the instrument they choose. (flute, oboe, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, trombone, french horn, baritone horn, snare drum and bells)
- Students who wish to play percussion may choose between snare drum or bells, but will not play both.
- Students wishing to play snare drum please note that if we have more than 7, a rhythmic assesment may be given and some students may be offered their 2nd choice.
- Band rehearsals will be held before school from 7:45 - 8:30 once a week about 8 weeks before each concert.
- 5th grade will perform a concert in the spring.
- Band members are expected to practice 20-30 at least 5 days per week. Practice will definatly make you better.