5th Grade Band
- Beginning 5th Grade, band members will get a 30 minute small group lesson each week.
- Lessons will be on a 5-day rotation, so it may be the same day each week. Times also rotate, so you need to really pay attention to your lesson schedule.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of the instrument they choose (flute, oboe, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, trombone, french horn, baritone horn, snare drum and bells)
- Students who wish to play percussion may choose between snare drum or bells, but will not play both.
- Students wishing to play snare drum please note that if we have more than 5, a rhythmic assessment may be given and some students may be offered their 2nd choice.
- Band rehearsals will be held before school from 7:45 - 8:30 once a week about 6-8 weeks before each concert.
- Band members are expected to practice 20-30 at least 5 days per week. Practice will definitely make you better.