All teachers in the Central Bucks School District sign up for in-district professional development opportunities using PD Place. Click here to logon to PD Place to register for workshops and track your hours. (for assistance call 267-893-2100).
There are many opportunities for you to accrue Act 48 hours within the Central Bucks School District:
1. Safe Schools Training: You can accrue (2) Act 48 hours upon the successful completion of Safe Schools Training. Please refer to the PD Place catalog to find the current session number.
2. Faculty Meetings: At the end of the school year, you can accrue (8) Act 48 hours for your participation in faculty meetings throughout the year. The Staff Development department will notify you when it is time to register for these hours (usually in May or June).
3. In-district Workshops during the school year: When applicable, the Staff Development department will notify you if workshops offered throughout the school year are applicable to you (i.e., staff development days). At that time, you can register through PD Place.
4. Summer In-district Workshops*: The Central Bucks School District is very proud to offer hundreds of workshops throughout the summer. You may register for these through PD Place.
5. Online Workshops: Throughout the summer, the Staff Development department offers online courses. You can accrue up to (7) Act 48 hours upon successful completion of these courses.
*Please note that classroom teachers have priority seating over building and floatign substitute teachers for summer workshops. If the workshop is full and a classroom teacher is on the waiting list, you may be asked to choose an alternate workshop.