Seventh Grade Science Flexbooks and Essential Questions
During the Matter Unit students explore the following essential questions:
- How can one explain the structure, properties, and interactions of matter?
- What is matter and what is it made of?
- How do we measure matter?
- How and why does matter change states?
- How is matter conserved?
During the Energy Unit students explore the following essential questions:
During the Ecology Unit students explore the following essential questions:
- What is energy? What are the different forms of energy?
- How is energy transformed from one form into another form or energy?
- How is energy conserved? What is meant by the concept of energy conservation?
- What are our energy resources?
- What is the role of heat in every energy transfer?
- How do living and nonliving things interact?
- How does energy and matter flow through ecosystems?
- How do ecosystems change over time?
- How do animals adapt to their environment?
- How do Earth's processes and human activities affect each other?
During the Cells and Heredity Unit students explore the following essential questions:
- What are the characteristics of life?
- How are structure and function of cells related within an organism?
- What is the difference between unicellular and multicellular life?
- How do cells live, grow, reproduce and basically respond to their environment?
- How are the characteristics of one generation passed to the next?
- How can individuals of the same species and even siblings have different characteristics?