2017-2018 STEM CHALLENGE
Thermo Fisher Scientific has asked your team for help developing a new product for your home. This product can be anything that you can use in your home and it must be environmentally friendly. Thermo Fisher Scientific is working to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. This product could be (but is not limited to) a new way to power your home, a new type of appliance, or a new gadget for home entertainment. Be creative!
2018 State-Wide Rules
- A team of 4 students will work together on the project.
- Each project must use at least 1 motor.
- Teams may use up to 1400 pieces. Any pieces, as long as they are KNex, may be used.
- Schools must bring their KNex kits on the day of the competition.
- Students will have 2 hours to put together their project at the competition.Â
- No pieces may be brought to the competition already joined.
- Each team will need to bring a journal and a blueprint to the competition.
- Each team will need to prepare a presentation (max 2 minutes) on their model and how they answered the challenge. Middle school students will also need to present their inventory.
The top team in each division (grades 4-5 and grades 6-8) from Bucks County and from across the state will be invited to compete in a state competition on May 18, 2018.