Dear Central Bucks School District Volunteer,
Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the staff, students, and programs of our schools in the Central Bucks School District (CBSD). Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CBSD. On October 22, 2014, Act 153 of 2014 was signed into law. This new law changed background check requirements for employees, contractors and volunteers. This law requires action on your part in order to remain or become a volunteer at CBSD. All employees, contractors and volunteers are required to obtain new clearances (child abuse history, state and federal criminal history checks) every 36 months.
The following clearances are required and information on how to obtain these clearances can be found by visiting this link https://www.cbsd.org/Page/355 which directs you to the volunteer page under human resources on CBSD website.
1. PA Criminal Record Check – Required by all volunteers –Access this website to complete your online PA Criminal Record check: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
a. Completed online, instantly available to print, save and/or provide electronically.
2. PA Child Abuse History Clearance - Required by all volunteers – This is the website you will use to access the online application for your PA Child Abuse Clearance:
a. Completed online and will be mailed and emailed within 14 days.
3. FBI Federal Criminal History Record Check – Required by some volunteers – This is the website you will use to access the online application for your FBI fingerprint check:
- This is a 2-STEP process – (1) register and pay on-line (2) go to a fingerprinting site to have your fingerprints submitted electronically. You may also schedule an appointment through the district to have the fingerprints completed by contacting (267) 893-2000.
b. Volunteers are exempt from this requirement if they:
· Have resided within Pennsylvania consecutively for the past 10 years; AND
· Complete and return the attached Volunteer Affidavit on page three.
c. Volunteers who have not resided within PA for the past 10 years must complete.
· Registration is completed online, a physical appointment is necessary.
· A receipt with the registration number must be provided to Human Resources.
State Police and Child Abuse clearance fees will be waived by the state effective July 25, 2015. New volunteer clearances must be dated within one year. By law, if you do not have these documents submitted on or before their expiration date, your ability to volunteer will be in jeopardy. Once you have received your updated clearances please provide copies to the Human Resources Department. Simply mail copies to the Administrative Services Center Attn: Human Resources 20 Welden Drive Doylestown, PA 18901 or email scanned copies to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact the office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea L. DiDio, MS HRM
- See more at: http://cbsd.org/Page/27680#sthash.i68MSijX.dpuf