Helpful Tools for Successful Reading Achievement in First GradeThis is a tool to help you choose books that are "just right" for you. Follow the steps and you will be on your way to finding a great book you can read and enjoy on your own.This is a tool to help you choose books that are "just right" for you. Follow the steps and you will be on your way to finding a great book you can read and enjoy on your own.Use these tips when reading at home with your child.Reading Strategies for New and Unknown WordsUse these strategies to help your child figure out a new or unknown word in a story.Use these strategies to help your child figure out a new or unknown word in a story.
Use these tips to help your child become a better reader. Reading will be more fun and enjoyable when your child can understand and remember what a story is about.
First Grade Developmental Reading Levels - "What level is my child?"
This document will help explain the guided reading books that your child brings home, and give an idea of the benchmark reading levels throughout the year.Printable Comprehension Activities to Use at Home1st Grade Reading Curriculum
- See more at: https://www.cbsd.org/Page/11139#sthash.bjbEaQdm.dpuf
· Continueto develop phonemic awareness of sounds.
· Expandphonics knowledge of letter/sound relationships to include vowels and blends.
· Usemultiple strategies to problem-solve unknown words.
· Buildsight vocabulary of common, high frequency words.
· Readorally with increased fluency and expression.
· Self-monitorunderstanding and explain strategies used to make meaning.
· Continueto develop comprehension skills to understand and respond to literature.
· Begin toread independently for enjoyment.