7th Grade Chorus7th GRADE CHORUS REHEARSAL/CONCERT SCHEDULE:Winter Rehearsals:
Winter Concert: Tuesday, January 10th at 7PMSpring Concert: Thursday, May 4th at 7PM
- Wednesday, January 4th 2:45-4:00
- Monday, January 9th 2:45-4:00
- Concert is on Tuesday, January 10th at 7PM and features 7th Grade Chorus, 8th Grade Choir & Robe Choir. The concert will conclude with a combined finale!!
- All 7th grade chorus class students are expected to attend the concert unless they are sick, have a family emergency, family vacation or some sort of extenuating “once-in-a-lifetime” type circumstances.
- Report time for 7th grade chorus members is 6:30. (Robe choir members will likely report at 6:00).
- You can always visit my website front page or the calendar page for confirmation of upcoming rehearsal dates and times.
- There’s also a special 7th Grade Chorus page on my website where I will post all of this information so you can find it at any time.
- Winter Arts Night involves more than just the chorus performances! There will be an art show and displays from other specials departments that evening as well. And, the auditorium will be open for folks to enter and sit as early as 6:00 that night.
- There is no admission charge for our Winter and Spring concerts!
Concert Dress Code:
- Our goal is for the students to dress in plain black to take the attention away from our attire and focus it on the music. I’ve gone over this information with the students in class.
- Students can wear any type of plain black pants. Dress pants would be great, but black jeans, leggings, yoga pants, etc. are also acceptable. Ripped jeans are less desirable because it takes away from the solid black look. For Holicong concerts, we do not wear shorts, skirts, or dresses.
- Any type of plain black shirt is fine – short sleeve t-shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, polo shirt, dress shirt/blouse. The more solid black, the better.
- If wearing socks, wear plain, dark socks. Shoes should be your darkest, plainest shoes. Again, black dress shoes are great, but if you don’t have black dress shoes, black sneakers, dark brown shoes, dark colored boots, etc are OK. Just don't wear any type of footwear that will stand out, like bright pink high-top sneakers.
- During the school day, the 7th grade chorus meets in segmented classes. In order to put our performance together for the concert, we’ll hold two after school rehearsals in the days leading up to the concert to put everything together.
- Our after school rehearsal schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, January 4th 2:45-4:00 in auditorium
- Monday, January 9th 2:45-4:00 in auditorium
- If a student cannot attend a rehearsal for an important reason (sports game, appointment, no ride, etc.), they can be excused. See below for details.
- Pick-up from after school rehearsals should be at the bus platform. Mr. Glaser will be here until 5 on all rehearsal days, so if pickup at 5PM is more convenient than 4PM, students can stay until 5 and do homework until they are picked up.
- Each rehearsal and the concert is an opportunity for students to earn points towards their chorus class grade. Students will have no problem earning all possible points if they are attentive, on task participants who are following directions and trying to sing their best.
- The concert is worth 50 points. If a student ends up missing the concert due to illness or another important reason, they do not need to make up the assignment. The assignment is just marked “excused”.
- Each rehearsal is worth 40 points. If a student cannot attend one of the rehearsals for a legitimate reason, please follow this procedure to be excused and make up.
- First, the student or parent emails Mr. Glaser (in advance where possible) to inform him of the absence and reason. Please use email so there is an electronic record – Mr. Glaser will reply to the email to confirm it has been received.
- In that same email, the student can ask Mr. Glaser to sign them up for I & E to attend a make-up rehearsal on Tuesday, January 10th, the day of the concert.
- Student attends I & E make-up rehearsal on that date to earn credit.
- If a student is unable to attend the I & E makeup because they are absent from school, Mr. Glaser will provide an alternative assignment for the student to earn credit for that missed rehearsal.
Feel free to reach out by email if you have any questions or concerns! Looking forward to an awesome concert season! Mr. Glaser